If you are celebrating Thanksgiving today, we hope you have a wonderful day. Consider sharing with one another a list of the things you are each most thankful for. And remember the importance of saying thank you to your spouse on a daily basis.
Dr. Terri Orbuch: "How important is it to thank your beloved? Consider this: In my long-term study of marriage and divorce, couples who expressed frequent gratitude to each other were the happiest in their marriages by a significant margin."
Source: Dr. Terri Orbuch. "Improve Your Marriage With One Little Word." HuffingtonPost.com. 11/22/2011.
When we reflect on our life together and read how others show their appreciation for their spouse, we are so very
- ... thankful for our loving, affirming, and supportive 49-year marriage to one another.
- ... thankful for our tremendous four children.
- ... thankful for our two wonderful daughter-in-laws.
- ... thankful for our sweet four grandchildren.
- ... thankful to still have my delightful mom in our lives.
- ... thankful for the many moments of laughter, comfort, tenderness, and support from one another.
- ... thankful for our understanding and helpful friends.
- ... thankful that we live in such a beautiful locale.
- ... thankful that we can still travel.
- ... thankful for our home.
- ... thankful for our good health.
- ... thankful for caring and qualified medical professionals in our rural area.
- ... thankful for the Internet which allows us to work together and from home.
- ... thankful for you, our loyal readers.
- ... and thankful for apple pie!
Photo Credit: Ken Stritof