Sometimes folks want to get hitched in cyberspace. Although such a marriage isn't legally binding, they are growing in popularity.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Since the Internet isn't a place or a legal entity in itself, people can't be legally married on it.
- The ceremony could take place through the Net, but the legal aspects must be fulfilled in a real location.
- Decide if the ceremony is for fun or the real thing.
- If it's for fun, make sure that both of you understand that it isn't a legal marriage.
- If it's for real, then you need to follow the legal requirements of the jurisdiction where you are physically located.
- Decide if you want to have guests.
- If you are having guests, then using one of the cyber chapels that utilize chat rooms would make it more enjoyable and fun.
- Don't confuse people. Let them know up front if this is a ceremony for fun or the real thing.
- Make sure you get a certificate!
- Remember... a cyber wedding without an official license from a legal entity is not a legal marriage!