"Nonverbal clues to lying can be difficult to spot and vary from individual to individual.
The bottom line: If you think your spouse is lying, ask questions and ask for clarification if necessary. Trust your own intuition or that funny feeling you may feel inside."
Some Warning Signs of an Unfaithful Spouse
Here are some warning signs that your spouse could be cheating on you.
- Your spouse seems bored. Bored with you, with job, with kids, with hobbies, with life in general.
- Your spouse seems to want danger or thrills in his/her life.
- There is considerably less intimacy in your relationship. Your sex life is practically non-existent.
- Your spouse has a low self-esteem.
- You spouse doesn't show any jealousy about you, no matter what you say.
- You notice your spouse has a sense of confusion about self.
- Your spouse has become lazy, especially around the house.
- Your spouse is more negative.
- You can't get your spouse to communicate with you.
- Your spouse gets very defensive if you mention infidelity or affairs.
- Your spouse is suddenly more attentive than usual.
- Your mate is working longer hours at work.
- Your spouse is dressing nicer, looking nicer.
- You notice charges on credit card statement that don't make sense.
- You are aware of different scents of cologne or after shave lotion on your spouse's clothes.
- Your spouse is indifferent to family events like birthdays and holidays.
- You find your partner has been lying to you about a variety of things.
- Money becomes more of an issue between the two of you.
- The words "I love you" are not spoken by your spouse any longer.
- He/she doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything with you anymore.
- You can't even get your mate to fight with you.
- You feel as if you are being avoided.
- Your partner abandons religious faith.
- Your spouse seems more secretive.
- You discover lipstick smudge on shirt.
- You learn that you have an STD and you've not strayed.