"Marital rape occurs when your spouse forces you to take part in certain sex acts without your consent. It is a form of intimate partner violence, i.e., an abuse of power by which one spouse attempts to establish dominance and control over the other."
Source: Marital Rape. RAINN.org.
If You Need Help -- Call or Go Online:
Questions About Marital Rape:
- What is marital rape?
- How can there be rape within a marriage?
- How common place is marital rape?
- Are there different types of marital rape?
- Is marital rape a crime?
- Are there questions to help identify marital rape?
- How can marital rape be reported?
- Are there physical and emotional consequences of marital rape?
- Why is marital rape a controversial issue?
- Where else can I find information about marital rape?
- Are there any books written about marital rape?
- What do others have to say about marital rape?