Old Familiar UrgesThis is the time of year that you may get those old familiar urges to make a resolution to make change in your lives, to do better, to be better, to love more, to get out of debt, etc.
This is good. To a point.
Too often good intentions and resolutions turn out to be rather large failures and you may think less of yourself. This is not a good way to start a new year. Additionally, your own or your spouse's poor self-image can have a very negative impact on your marriage.
Making a Couple ResolutionAside from your personal resolutions, we suggest that the two of you make one resolution that will enhance your marriage. Here are resolutions that could help your marriage relationship.
- Organize Photographs Together.
- Have More Candlelight Dinners.
- Do Something to Simplify Your Life Together.
- Dialogue Daily.
- Watch Romantic Movies.
- Pay Off a Major Debt.
- Plan a 2nd Honeymoon.
- Together Plan a Project for Your Yard.
- Listen to More Love Songs.
- Read a Book About Marriage Together.
- Say I Love You More Often.
- Discuss Marriage Mistakes.
- Make and Schedule Plans to Have Fun Together.