The Bottom Line
This book is for couples who are willing to commit to twenty-eight days to "reclaim love, intimacy, confidence and sexuality." If one partner isn't ready and willing to make such a commitment, think twice about purchasing it.
- Makes having frequent or regular sex to increase low sex desire fun.
- Real life stories make the plan seem more achievable.
- Includes two tear-out menus, "Spice Calendar", "Anticipation Teasers," and "Extra Spice Recipes."
- It could create more disappointment and distance in a marriage.
- You probably won't lose weight following this diet.
- Where there's a will, there's a way.
- More sex has a positive effect on a relationship.
- It takes a decision to jump-start a relationship.
- It is important for spouses to be honest and to share how they like to be aroused and turned on.
- Anticipation is a great turn on.
- Plan cuddle time to rejuvenate sexual desire.
- Discusses reality of low sexual desire and reasons people have a low libido.
Guide Review - "Great American Sex Diet: Where the Only Thing You Nibble On Is Your Partner"
If you are turned off by sex or have stopped having sex and you aren't sure why, then this "diet" by Laura Corn, could be helpful to your marital relationship. In order for this to work, a couple needs to have a sense of humor, a sense of adventure, a commitment to one another and their marriage, and a willingness to schedule sex and make it a priority. "The Great American Sex Diet" makes sex "fun, adventurous, and filled with endless variety." This book can help you make your good sex life better, restore lost passion, find tools to turn "no" into "yes", and discover ways to surprise your spouse.