The Bottom Line
Many men chase after women because they need renewal and new things. "Kosher Sex" teaches that a man can do that through renewing himself through a deeper relationship with his wife.
- Ideas have universal appeal.
- Promotes lusting after one's own spouse.
- Views sex as holy.
- Sexual abstention for 12 days each month isn't for everyone.
- Judaism states that sex is the holiest experience known to people.
- Abstinence provides a challenge whereby a husband lusts and hungers for his unavailable wife.
- Men have very short sexual attention spans.
- Sex is not just for conceiving children. The bedroom can be holier than a synagogue.
- Wait til marriage for sex. Sexual innocence is the sexiest thing of all.
Guide Review - "Kosher Sex: A Recipe for Passion"
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach is stirring things up in the Jewish community. Looking at some of the contents can give you an idea of why. Is Oral Sex Wrong? Is there a Kosher Kama Sutra? Married People and Masturbation. Does size matter?
He writes, based on Genesis 2, that Judaism believes that sex is the principal glue by which a man and a woman cease to be strangers with each other, by which a man and a woman become one flesh. This is a great how-to manual.