If you believe in the soul mate concept, there may be times you question your marriage. Here are soul mate characteristics that can be in a marriage.
Time Required: varies
- In order to recognize your soul mate, you must first know yourself.
- Soul mate marriages can be well balanced, strong, and positive. There should be a lack of intimidation, manipulation, or abuse in a marriage of soul mates. A soul mate should make you feel safe.
- A relationship with a soul mate is expected to be a natural fit and usually feels like it is meant to be. Even so, every marriage, even a marriage of soul mates, takes the two spouses giving priority to their marriage relationship.
- A soul mate partner often feels like a mirror to their spouse. Though this does sound a bit boring.
- A marriage to a soul mate is filled with honesty and support. But then, so are successful marriages of couples who don't believe they are soul mates.
- There is a sense of familiarity and mutuality in a marriage to a soul mate as well as in long lasting marriages.
- Soul mate marriages can be healthy, passionate and harmonious. Soul mate partners can easily get a lot done by working together.
- Couples who are soul mates often take joy in watching the growth of one another.
- A soul mate will accept who you are, will bring out the best in you, challenge you, and be your best friend. A soul mate will not require you to change. Hopefully, this is true of your spouse -- soul mate or not.
- Soul mates relish small moments together and cherish their commitment to their marriage. Again -- shouldn't this be a way happy married couples live?
- Be wary of looking for a mate who is ideal and who feels and thinks exactly the way you do. No one can live up to that kind of standard. Soul mates don't agree on everything.
- Don't use the soul mate concept as an excuse to walk away from your commitment to your marriage.
- Remember you can still have difficult times even when married to your soul mate. Romance is a gamble. Marriage takes attentiveness.
- Bottom line: Marrying a soul mate isn't necessary in order to have a successful and happy marriage.