Sex doesn't have to get boring in marriage, it should get better.
Difficulty Level: average Time Required: varies
- Communication is the key to a healthy and active sex life in a marital relationship.
- Share with one another your sexual desires.
- Talk with one another about your expectations concerning lovemaking. False or unmet expectations can hurt your marriage.
- Sexual intimacy is a continuing process of discovery. True intimacy through communication is what makes sex great.
- Sex in a long lasting relationship can deepen and become a richer experience. No matter how many times a couple has made love, the wonder and awe of mutual attraction is still there.
- When life becomes busy, and schedules are hectic, plan for sexual encounters with one another. Make sex one of your priorities.
- Try to set the mood in advance.
- If you want to have good sex at night, start the foreplay in the morning.
- Let your spouse know you care and are thinking about them throughout the day by notes, e-mails, phone calls, hugs, etc.
- Being grouchy all day or ignoring your spouse during the day hurts your chances of having a positive lovemaking experience that evening.
- Remember that sex isn't going to be perfect each time. Don't compare your sex life to the ones you see in movies or on television.
- Recognize that abstinence now and then can be beneficial to your relationship if you start to lust after one another more.