Spending half a century in love with one person is a wonderful statement about the gift of married life.
Here are some 50th wedding anniversary ideas and symbols to help you choose gifts associated with your 50th golden marriage anniversary that will be both personal and meaningful.
50th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
50th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
50th Anniversary Gemstone:
- Optimism and wealth are often associated with gold.
Not only is the metal gold beautiful, it is strong, and resistant to corrosion.
50th Anniversary Color:
50th Anniversary Flower:
If you want to give a rose symbolic of the golden anniversary, here are a few to check out:
- Gold Symphonie
Golden Wedding Anniversary
Golden Wedding Celebration
Good as Gold
Ways to Celebrate Your 50th Anniversary:
- Use sparkly gold glitter on flowers, cards, centerpieces, gift wrap, balloons, etc. Set the table with a paper gold tablecloth, rent china and crystal with a gold trim, use gold looking votive candles, place flowers in gold colored vases.
- For those in the United States, request a greeting from the Whitehouse.
- Renew your marriage vows.
- Toast one another with a golden colored sparkling wine such as a Chardonnay.
- Plan a picnic with paper gold-colored plates and cups.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for a 50th Anniversary:
When considering gifts for the 50th anniversary, think twice before purchasing anniversary plates, jewelry, knick knacks, etc. as many senior citizens are trying to reduce clutter and possessions in their lives. A dinner at a special restaurant, a trip, coupons to help with chores, etc. will probably be more appreciated.
- Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theatre, etc. and wrap with a gold ribbon.
- Plan a trip to the Gold Coast or to a Gold Mine.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 50th Anniversary:
- Put together a CD with songs from the era of the marriage date.
- Create a poem, write it in gold ink, and display it in a gold colored frame.
- Put together a family quilt comprised of each square done by a family member or close friends.
- Make a wish tree. You can use a big branch that you paint gold and decorate with gold ribbons, ornaments etc. Fill the branches with pictures of major events in your life, people who love and cherish you as well as tickets for a trip, travelers checks, gift certificates for different events and restaurants you could use on a trip, etc.
- Assemble a memory photo album with pictures highlighting 50 years together. Include the wedding, children, grandchildren, friends, trips taken together, homes lived in, etc. A nice addition is to include stories from children and friends.
Time Capsule Ideas for Your 50th Anniversary:Fact Monster
New York Times
On This Day
Movies by Years