Candy represents the sweetness in your marriage, iron represents good luck and strength, and wood represents a solid relationship. Here are more gift and celebration ideas for your sixth anniversary.
6th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
Candy or Iron.
6th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
Wood. The modern gift of wood signifies a long-lasting and solid marriage as you celebrate your 6th anniversary.
6th Anniversary Gemstone:
Amethyst, or turquoise.
6th Anniversary Color:Several colors are associated with the 6th anniversary: purple, turquoise, or white.
6th Anniversary Flower:
Calla Lily. In the language of flowers, calla lilies represent magnificent beauty.
Ways to Celebrate Your 6th Anniversary:
- Make candy together.
- Some couples plant a tree together in their yard.
An oak tree represents solidity. A pine tree represents the evergreen character of your love for one another. A flaming red maple represents the flaming passion you have for each other. A flowering crab tree represents love eternal.
- Purchase tickets to a show, movie, sports event, concert, theatre, etc. to attend together. Wrap the tickets around a candy bar.
Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 6th Anniversary:
- Pretty candy dish.
- Box of chocolates.
- Wood keepsake box.
- Candy cookbook.
- Iron horseshoes.
- Wrought iron sundial.
- Iron weathervane.
6th Anniversary Wine:
Find an iron wine rack and include a bottle of wine from the year you were married.
Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 6th Anniversary:
- Fill a unique wooden box with candy you know your spouse enjoys.
- Fill a champagne glass with candy kisses or spicy gumdrops.
- Put together a road map describing a trip (Buy Direct) to take together where there is a candy factory.