In 2008, Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy cleared the Ramsey's and their adult son of any wrongdoing in JonBenet's case.
Here is more information about the marriage of John and Patsy Ramsey.
Marriage Fast Facts - Patsy and John Ramsey
Married: November 5, 1980.
Marriage Ended: 2006, Patsy's death.
First Marriage: No.
Did You Know?
In 1977, Patsy was Miss West Virginia.
8/29/2006: The murder case against John Karr was dropped by Boulder prosecutors when DNA tests failed to put him at the murder scene.
8/17/2006: John Mark Karr, 41, a divorced father of 3 children, confessed to involvement in the death of JonBenét. He was held in Bangkok, Thailand, awaiting deportation to the U.S.A.
Patricia Ann Paugh Ramsey: December 29, 1956 in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
Her funeral was on June 29, 2006 at the Roswell United Methodist Church in Roswell, Georgia. Patsy was buried next to JonBenét in St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia.
How Patsy and John Met:
Nedra Paugh: "He ran (up) a flight of steps to try to see who she was, and she disappeared." But he eventually found her."
Source: The Daily Camera. 1/05/1997.
John: "To my delight, she [Patsy] liked me, and from our first date I knew she was unlike any girl I had ever met. She had an internal beauty that radiated."
Source: John Ramsey, Marie Chapian. The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey From Grief to Grace. 2012. pg. 81.
Wedding Date:John and Patsy were married on November 5, 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Elizabeth Ramsey: Born in 1969. She died 1/8/1992 in a car accident in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Beth is buried in St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia. Her mother is Lucinda Ramsey.
- Melinda Ramsey Long: Born in 1972. Her mother is Lucinda Ramsey.
- John Andrew Ramsey: Born in 1976. His mother is Lucinda Ramsey.
- Burke Hamilton Ramsey: Born in /1987. His mother is Patsy Ramsey.
- JonBenét Ramsey: Born on 8/6/1990 in Atlanta, Georgia. Her mother is Patsy Ramsey. A beauty pageant contestant, she died when she was 6 years old on 12/26/1996 in Boulder, Colorado. She had been missing for 8 hours when her strangled and beaten body was discovered in the basement by John. A ransom note was found by Patsy. Her memorial service was held on 12/29/1996. Her funeral was on 12/31/1996 at the Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. JonBenét is buried in St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia.
John: John served in the U.S. Navy and later became a successful businessman. In August 2004 John was defeated when he ran as a Republican for the 105th District state House seat in Michigan. There were six candidates in the race. John placed second. Author.
Previous Marriages:John was previously married.
- Lucinda "Cindy" Lou Pasch Ramsey Johnson: John and Lucinda were married in July 1966. They divorced in 1977-1978. They had three children.
Quotes About the Marriage of Patsy and John Ramsey:
Source: LongmontFYI of The Daily Times-Call.
L. Lin Wood, attorney: "Still, the horror the Ramseys have lived through the past six years will never completely fade. They lost their child and they lost their privacy."
Source: Marilyn Bardsley, Patrick Bellamy. "Vindications At Last." CrimeLibrary.com.
Brian Morgan, attorney: "The Ramseys were interviewed on the 26th, the Ramseys were interviewed on the 27th. On the 27th they give samples of physical evidence, blood, hair and fingerprints. When they returned from Atlanta, the Ramseys gave five handwriting samples, voluntarily. To say that the Ramseys had not cooperated in this investigation is a gross mischaracterization."
Source: Marilyn Bardsley, Patrick Bellamy. "Serious Allegations." CrimeLibrary.com.
John Ramsey in a TV interview: "When you've lost a child, nothing else matters ... You're rendered as low as you can possibly be without dying. Our focus was laying JonBenet to rest properly, and that's all that mattered during that time."
Source: Marilyn Bardsley, Patrick Bellamy. "A Continuing Saga." CrimeLibrary.com.