News Updates:3/21/2011: Tish: "Our family weathered a huge storm and I feel we are stronger than we have ever been."
Source: Pernilla Cedenheim. "Miley Cyrus's Mom: Our Family Is Stronger Than Ever." People.com. 3/21/2011.
3/17/2011: Billy Ray Cyrus: "I've dropped the divorce," Cyrus, 49, said during an interview on The View scheduled to air on Friday. "I want to put my family back together … Things are the best they've ever been."
Source: Isley Kasica, Dahvi Shira. "Billy Ray Cyrus: I'm Calling Off My Divorce." People.com. 3/17/2011.
10/27/10: Citing irreconcilable differences, Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus filed for divorce.
Leticia (Tish) Finley: Abt. 1967.
Billy Ray wore "blue jeans and a cutup sweatshirt. The bride wore a dress over a catsuit."
Source: "Billy Ray Cyrus Weds", Tyrone Daily Herald, 12/29/1993.
- Brandi Cyrus: Born abt 1987. Brandi plays bass guitar. Her mother is Leticia Cyrus.
- Trace Cyrus: Born abt 1989. Trace is a guitarist/singer for the band Metro Station. His mother is Leticia Cyrus and his father is Baxter Neal Helson.
- Christopher Cody Cyrus: Born in 1992. His father is Billy Ray Cyrus and his mother is Kristen Luckey.
- Miley Ray Cyrus: Born November 1992 in Franklin, Tennessee. Miley's birth name is Destiny Hope Cyrus. She changed her name legally in January 2008. Miley is an actress, musician, and songwriter. Miley is well known for playing the character "Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana." Her parents are Leticia and Billy Ray Cyrus.
- Braison Chance Cyrus: Braison has appeared in the "Hannah Montana" series. His parents are Leticia and Billy Ray Cyrus.
- Noah Lindsey Cyrus: Born January 2000 in Nashville, Tennessee. Noah has acted in television series. Her parents are Leticia and Billy Ray Cyrus.
Miley's Official Web Site
Residences:Billy Ray and Leticia have Singin' Hill Farm, a 500-acre farm in Thompson's Station, Tennessee and a home in Los Angeles, California.
Billy Ray: "The first time I saw this place, I said, "Cyrus, you're home.'"
Source: Beth Perry, Eileen Finan, "The Family Man", People, August 4, 2008, page 73.
Jacques Steinberg: "To devote themselves full-time to the production of "Hannah," on which Miley, a seventh grader, is tutored on the set, Mr. Cyrus and his wife, Tish, moved her and her four siblings to Los Angeles from Nashville. She reluctantly left behind her family's seven horses, as well as a number of good friends."
Source: "Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: A Tale of Two Tweens", NYT.com, 04/20/2006.
Quotes About the Marriage of Tish and Billy Ray Cyrus:
Source: Chris Heath. "Mr. Hannah Montana's Achy Broken Heart." GQ.com. March 2011.
Billy Ray: "You know what, this train may come off the tracks, but I'm going to be a dad. I'm going to be a husband, and try to have something in my life that is right."
Source: "Choosing Family Over Fame and Fortune", ABCNews.com, 03/13/2004.
- Cindy Smith: Cindy Smith, a sales representative, and Billy Ray were married in 1986. Cindy and Billy divorced in October 1991.
Musician Guide: "In 1986 Cyrus married Cindy Smith, whom he had met while performing at a bar in Ironton, Ohio. Though happy for the first few years, the stress of maintaining different schedules eventually took its toll and the couple divorced in 1991 amid rumors of Cyrus's infidelity. In 1992, in fact, Cyrus admitted to fathering two illegitimate children--conceived after his divorce--and readily accepted his "obligations" to both."
Source: "Billy Ray Cyrus Biography", MusicianGuide.com
Billy about his marriage to Cindy: "She told me, 'Billy, you might never make it, and I can't keep going through this,' " he says wistfully. "If everything had come along sooner, I don't think we would have fallen apart."
Source: "Rockabilly Hunk", People Weekly, 06/22/1992.
People Weekly: "It was the strain of my job," he says of his years as an itinerant musician. "She [Cindy] thought I might never grow out of this." Divorced last October, just months before the release of Some Gave All, Cyrus shares cowriting credit with Cindy for the title song, a Vietnam vets anthem, and another tune on the album, "Wher'm I Gonna Live," which she inspired by dumping all his belongings on their front lawn in 1991 after he returned from a late-night carouse."
Source: "Road Warrior", People Weekly, 10/5/1992.