Fast Marriage Facts - Dennis and Kimberly
Married: July 4, 2004.
First Marriage: No.
Did You Know?
All of Dennis' weddings were on holidays.
News Updates:10/19/2012: Kimberly first filed for divorce in March 2012 then withdrew her divorce papers in May 2012, only to file for separation in October 2012.
Kimberly Buffington: Austin, Texas.
How Dennis and Kimberly Met:Dennis and Kimberly met in 2003 in Austin, Texas, when a mutual friend introduced them at a dinner.
Ages at Wedding:
Wedding Date and Ceremony:Dennis and Kimberly were wed at sunset on July 4, 2004 in Montana at Dennis' 500-acre ranch. Dennis' son Jack was best man. Kimberly's brother was her attendant.
Kimberly had a small bouquet of wildflowers that were gathered by Dennis. She wore a simple white lace dress.
"Dennis' wedding band is matte-finished platinum, with a small reproduction of Kimberly's diamond as a hidden detail that only he can see."
Source: Austin Chronicle. 7/9/2004.
Kimberly: Real estate agent. She had the real estate listing for the $6.5 million home in Brentwood that Dennis and Meg Ryan shared together.
Residences:Dennis and Kimberly lived in a $8 million, 8,400 square foot, Rustic Canyon [slideshow] home in California. Their home was said to have had a casual, down-home look. Dennis also owns property in Montana and Austin, Texas. The Montana ranch was listed for $14 million on the market so he could buy a home in Hawaii where he could surf. The 418-acre Montana ranch reportedly has two ponds, a fishing creek, historic gold mines, a 5,300 square-foot residence, four guest houses, a ranch manager's home, and facilities for horses.
- Jack Henry Quaid: Jack was born in 1992. Jack's mother is Meg Ryan.
- Thomas Boone Quaid: Thomas was born in Santa Monica, California in 2007. His mother is Kimberly Buffington.
- Zoe Grace Quaid: Zoe was born in Santa Monica, California in 2007. Her mother is Kimberly Buffington.
Previous Marriages and Relationships:
- Pamela Jayne Hardon: P.J. was born on July 17, 1950 in Frankfurt, Germany. She was previously married in 1971 to J. Stephen Soles. They divorced in 1975. She is an actress and producer. P.J. Soles and Dennis were married on November 25, 1978 on a dude ranch. They divorced on January 23, 1983. She married stunt pilot Skip Holm. They have two children, son Sky born in 1983, and daughter Ashley born in 1988. She and Skip divorced in 1998.
- Dennis was engaged to actress Lea Thompson for three years. They met on the movie set of "Jaws 3-D" in 1983.
- Meg (Margaret Mary Emily Ann Hyra) Ryan: Meg Ryan was born on November 19, 1962 in Fairfield, Connecticut. They met on the movie set of Innerspace. Meg and Dennis were married on February 14, 1991. They have one child. Meg and Dennis separated on June 28, 2000 and were divorced on July 16, 2001. Their Brentwood home was built in 1917 and had 6 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, 6,300 square feet, private balconies, front porch, family/media room, gym, hardwood floors, and crown moldings.
- He married P.J. Soles on Thanksgiving Day.
- He married Meg Ryan on Valentine's Day.
- He married Kimberly Buffington on the Fourth of July.
Quotes about Dennis Quaid's Marriages:Dennis: "It’s hard for two actors to be together. Take the traveling, for instance. It winds up being a long distance relationship, all the time, because one’s working here and one’s working there, or one’s staying at home and one’s off someplace else. Your partner has to live with the best and the worst part of you, and they’re affected by it."
Source: Dotson Rader. "Dennis Quaid on Fame, Fatherhood, and His First TV Series. Parade.com. 9/20/2012.
Dennis on his marriage to Kimberly: "The secret is keeping intimacy. It's tough to do. My wife is not in the business, so she can come with me [to movie locations]. This is going to be the marriage that works."
Source: USA Weekend. 2005.
Dennis on his breakup with Meg: "In the process of being good parents, I think we forgot about us."
Source: WENN. 3/2002.