First Wife -- Cynthia Powell:
Cynthia and John had one child, John Charles Julian Lennon, born in 1963. Cynthia Lennon claimed that her marriage to John was ruined because of physical abuse, infidelities, jealousy, and LSD. John and Cynthia's marriage ended in divorce on November 8, 1968.
Cynthia married several times after her divorce from John.
- Roberto Bassanini: Roberto was a hotelier. Cynthia and Roberto married on August 1, 1970 in England and divorced in December 1973.
- John Twist: John and Cynthia were married in May 1976 and divorced in 1983.
- Noel Charles: Noel is a nightclub owner.
Second Wife -- Yoko Ono:
John and Yoko were separated for a year in 1974. They reconciled in 1975. Their marriage ended with his death on December 8, 1980. "John Lennon and Yoko Ono Wedding Album" includes a copy of their marriage certificate and a selection of their wedding pictures.
Yoko was previously married.
- Toshi Ichiyanagi: Toshi and Yoko were married in 1956 and divorced in 1962.
- Anthony David Cox: Yoko and Anthony were married on November 28, 1962. Their marriage was annuled on March 1, 1963. She an Anthony remarried on June 6, 1963. They divorced on February 2, 1969. Yoko and Anthony have a daughter, Kyoko Chan Cox. Kyoko was born on August 8, 1963 in Tokyo, Japan. She was raised by Anthony.
- Sam Havadtoy: After John Lennon's death, Yoko married Sam Havadtoy in 1981. They separated in 2002.
John had an affair during his separation from Yoko with May Pang. May was the personal assistant of John and Yoko. May later married Tony Visconti in 1989. May and Tony divorced in 2000. They have two children.
Died:John Lennon: John was murdered in New York City, New York on December 8, 1980 by Mark David Chapman. John was cremated in a private ceremony. The whereabouts of his ashes have not been revealed although some believe that his ashes were scattered by Yoko in Central Park's Strawberry Fields.
- John Charles Julian Lennon: Born on April 8, 1963 in Liverpool, England at Sefton General Hospital. His mother is Cynthia Powell. Julian's relationship with his father was a distant one as he only saw his father ten times before John's death. Julian is a musician. Official Julian lennon Web Site
- Miscarriage with Yoko Ono, May 1969.
- Sean Taro Ono Lennon: Born on October 9, 1975 in New York, New York. His mother is Yoko Ono. Sean's godfather is Elton John. Sean married Yuka Honda of the band "Cibo Matto" in 1996. They divorced in 1999. Sean is a musician and president of Lenono Music.
Residences:John Lennon and Yoko Ono lived at the The Dakota in New York City at the time of his death.
Cynthia: Restaurateur, designer, author, and television personality.
Yoko Ono: Artist, author, composer, poet, vocalist, and Grammy Award winner.
John Lennon Quotes About Marriage:John: "Yoko changed her name for me, I've changed mine for her. One for both, both for each other. She has a ring, I have a ring. It gives us nine 'O's between us, which is good luck. Ten would not be good luck."
Source: "Celebrity Husbands Who Took Their Wives' Names." HuffingtonPost.com. 2/6/2013.
John about his reconciliation with Yoko in 1975: "The separation didn't work out."
Books About John Lennon:"Life: Remembering John Lennon: 25 Years Later"
by Life Magazine Editors