3/30/2007: In a joint announcement, Marie Osmond and Brian Blosil announced their intention to divorce.
Brian Blosil: Abt 1953.
Marie, age 27, wore a traditional full-length white wedding dress that was decorated with sequins and pearls and featured a high neck and long sleeves.
- Stephen James Craig Blosil: Born on April 20, 1983 in Provo, Utah. His father is Steve Craig. Stephen is an actor and musician.
- Jessica Blosil: Born 1987.
- Rachael Blosil: Born 1989. Her father is Brian Blosil.
- Michael Bryan: Born 1991. Michael committed suicide at the age of 18 on February 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
- Brandon Blosil: Born 1996.
- Brianna Blosil: Born 1997.
- Matthew Blosil: Born 1999. His father is Brian Blosil.
- Abigail Blosil: Born 2002.
Previous Marriages and Relationships:
- Jeff Crayton: Marie and Jeff, an actor, were engaged for five weeks before they canceled their wedding in 1979.
- Steve Craig: Marie and Steve were married on June 26, 1982 in Salt Lake City at the Mormon Temple. They divorced in 1985. Stephen Craig and Marie Osmond Marriage Profile.
Quotes About the Marriage of Brian Blosil and Marie Osmond:
Marie about marriage: "You start backward if you live together before getting married. I think you should start with being friends, not with intimacy first. that's not what marriage is about, anyway. It's about friendship and wanting to be one, wanting to know everything about each other and to help each other. If you both feel that way, it's smooth sailing. Selfishness is the problem."
Source: The Daily Intelligencer. March 10, 1987.
Doug Robinson about Marie and Brian's earlier separation and reconciliation: "In 1999, five months after the birth of her third child, as has been chronicled repeatedly, she gave the credit cards and checkbook to her nanny, drove up the California coast and holed up in a small hotel, never intending to return to her family. Blosil reached her on a cell phone and drove up to be with her. She was suffering from postpartum depression, which left her so inert that she had been unable to get out of bed or even decide what to wear. In the aftermath, Osmond and Blosil were separated for several months but reconciled."
Source: Doug Robinson. "Marie Osmond, yesterday and today." December 17, 2006.
Marie about meeting Brian: "He was funny and charming. His priorities were very similar to mine: a strong relationship to God, a dedication to his family, and a love for children ... He helped me learn how to recover and set my own boundaries. Actually, he was so careful about not imposing on me that I had to ask him to marry me."
Source: Behind the Smile: My Journey out of Postpartum Depression. pgs 29-30.