Here's information about their marriage, how they met, and more.
Tommy Lee Jones: September 15, 1946 in San Saba, Texas.
Dawn Maria Laurel: April 24, 1964. Dawn is a native of San Antonio, Texas.
How Tommy Lee and Dawn Met:
Dawn and Tommy Lee met in 1996 on movie set of The Good Old Boys.
Tommy Lee and Dawn were married on March 19, 2001 in a private ceremony at a private club in San Antonio, Texas. The wedding ceremony was performed by U.S. District Judge Fred Biery.
Tommy Lee Jones has two children with his second wife, Kimberlea Gayle Cloughley.
- Austin Leonard Jones: Born in 1982 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Victoria Kafka Jones: Born in 1991.
Tommy Lee and Dawn have several residences.
- A 3,000-acre cattle ranch in Terrell Hills, Texas near San Antonio.
- A home on 74 acres in a Buenos Aires, Argentina Polo Country Club.
- Wellington 50-acre ranch near Palm Beach, Florida.
- Tommy Lee: "We restored 5 acres of the Everglades, what the people at the courthouse call 'wetlands.' We've restored them to their native condition. There's no non-indigenous plants in there at all; we ripped 'em all out. We're very happy about it. Orchids are sprouting off the sides of cypress trees. Otters and alligators and ospreys have moved in. The water birds have populated it with minnows, and we're kind of proud of that. Plus two good polo fields. We're doing good."
Source: Thom Smith, "Wellington's oscar Man: Part-time resident and polo-mad Tommy Lee Jones," PalmBeachPost.com, 2/24/2008.
Tommy: Actor, producer, writer, director, part-time cattle rancher.
Dawn: Photographer, camera assistant.
Tommy Lee Jones has two previous marriages.
- Kate Lardner: Kate, an actress, and Tommy Lee met in New York City. They married in 1971. Problems surfaced in their marriage in 1976 and they divorced in 1978.
- Kimberlea Gayle Cloughley: Kimberlea, a photographer, met met on the set of Back Roads when she was an extra. They married on May 30, 1981 and had two children. After a lengthy separation, they divorced in 1995 citing irreconcilable differences.
Quotes About the Marriage of Tommy Lee Jones and Dawn Laurel:
Jennifer Allen about Tommy Lee and Dawn having a lot in common: "There are so many ways their lives are intertwined, and they're just terrific together."
Source: "Jones Walks Down the Aisle - Again," Hollywood.com, 3/22/2001.
Tommy Lee about Dawn and polo: “Dawn is one of the best women polo players in the country. And she didn’t even know how to ride a horse ten years ago.”
Source: Lillian Ross, "Lunch With Tommy Lee," NewYorker.com, 1/9/2006.