First Marriage -- Sherwood Anderson Diller
More About Sherwood and Phyllis
Second Marriage -- Warde Donovan
More About Warde and Phyllis
Companion -- Robert P. Hastings
His Death: 1996
More About Robert and Phyllis
Phyllis Diller Information:
Born:Phyllis Ada Driver: July 17, 1917 in Lima, Ohio.
Died:Phyllis Diller: On August 20, 2012 at the age of 95, Phyllis died in her sleep at her home in Brentwood, California.
Children:Sherwood and Phyllis had six children.
- Peter Diller: Born in 1940. Peter died of cancer in 1998.
- Sally Diller: Born in 1944.
- Infant Son: Born and died abt. 1945. The baby lived only two weeks.
- Suzanne Diller: Born in 1946.
- Stephanie Diller: Born in 1948. Stephanie died of a stroke in 2002.
- Perry A. Diller: Born in 1950.
Occupations:Phyllis: Comedian, actress, pianist, copywriter, secretary, painter, author.
Phyllis on performing stand-up comedy: “I don’t want to sound like I’m on dope, but that hour is a high; it’s as good as you can feel. A wonderful, wonderful happiness, and great power.”
Source: Richard Severo, Peter Keepnews. "Laughs Were on Her, by Design." NYTimes.com. 8/20/2012.
Phyllis Diller's Quotes About Marriage:Phyllis: "Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age - as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight."
Phyllis Diller's Marriages and Relationships