Laughter is a marvelous gift. It releases chemicals in your brain which can enhance your day and reduce your stress.
Additionally, laughter and humor are vital to good health. Laughter is healthy for a marriage, both emotionally and physically.
Benefits of Laughter
- Reduction of stress and tension.
- Stimulation of your immune system.
- An increase of natural painkillers in your blood.
- A decrease in systemic inflammation.
- Reduction of your blood pressure.
- Lifts your spirits.
- Laughter and humor relieve tension, lift spirits, and bring couples closer together.
- Having a sense of humor as a couple can help keep your relationship fresh.
How to Increase Laughter and Humor in Your Marriage
- Be aware of the humorous moments in each day.
- Make it a habit for everyone in your family to share at dinner something funny that happened to them.
- Take delight in comedies on television and at the movies.
- Watch classic funny movies and television shows.
- Share funny jokes and cartoons with each other.
- Create funny Halloween costumes as a couple.
- Reflect on funny times in your past together.
Together, work on building your sense of humor. Couples who can laugh at themselves or at their situation usually feel stronger when problems arise. Laughter can sometimes release negative tension both physically and psychologically.