If you answer "yes" to more than 2 or 3 of these questions, you are courting disaster in your marriage by being in an emotional affair.
- Are you experiencing repetitive hostility and conflict in your marriage?
- Do you feel an emotional distance from your spouse?
- Do you find it difficult to talk with your spouse?
- Are you sharing more with your friend than you are with your spouse?
- Do you think your friend understands you better than your spouse?
- Are you sexually attracted to your friend?
- Is the phrase, "We're just friends", your rationalization for your close friendship?
- Does your spouse know about your friendship or is your friendship a secret?
- Do you look forward to being with your friend more than being with your spouse?