1 of 4
Marriage 101: Before You Set a Wedding Date
Photo Credit: ©Ted Stritof
Just starting out on your marriage journey? Here's some of what you need to know to have a successful marriage.
If you are considering getting married, or are just beginning your own marriage journey, here's your own Marriage 101 and help in creating a successful marriage relationship.
- Know why you are getting married. If your motives are unrealistic, you may find yourself having unfulfilled expectations.
- Accept that living together and being married are different. Marriage is more than sharing a home and having sex.
- Recognize that many myths of marriage can tear your marriage apart.
- Deal with realities and expectations to keep your marriage strong.
- Talk with one another about important issues before you walk down the aisle.
- Find out how to get married. Different locales have different marriage licensing regulations.