Here are possible dusty corners in your relationship and some spring cleaning ideas.
Possible Dusty Corners in Your MarriageIf you can relate to several of these dusty corners in your marriage, then the two of you need to do more than clean your home this spring. You both need to spring clean your marriage.
- The two of you are not sharing your feelings with each other.
More on Sharing Feelings
- Conflict is something you avoid in your marriage.
More on Handling Conflict in Marriage
- You haven't had time alone together for quite awhile.
More on One Night Stands
- You aren't being nice or kind to one another.
More on Being Kind to Your Spouse
- You have a sense of being taken for granted.
More on Giving Compliments
- Your spouse's teasing hurts you.
More on Teasing
- Your sex life is diminishing or nonexistent.
More on Sexual Intimacy
- Both of you are easily annoyed with one another.
More on Change in Your Marriage
- You don't seem to have fun being together any longer.
More on Having Fun With Each Other
Marriage Spring Cleaning Ideas
- Say "no" to others and "yes" to your mate more often.
- Set a monthly date night with each other. Having a weekly date is even better.
- Simplify your life.
- Take a trip together.
- Declutter your home.
- Share your feelings, thoughts, and dreams with each other through daily dialogue.
- Hug your spouse more often, hold hands, sit close together in a restaurant, and cuddle on the couch.
- Turn off the television or computer, and read a book together.
- Walk together every day.