Start Your Marriage on the Right Track
Choose the Right Person to Marry
Sometimes love just isn't enough to ensure the success of a marriage. You can lower your odds for divorce by being selective in who you marry.
- How to Know if You Are Marrying the Right Person
- Lower Your Odds for Divorce Before You Marry
- How to Recognize Soul Mate Characteristics in Your Marriage
- See if You Are at Risk for Divorce
- Video: Tips for Knowing if You're Marrying the Right Person
The Perfect Proposal
You will never forget the moment you proposed. Proposals can be fun, touching, private, public, traditional, exciting, quiet, simple, elaborate, or complicated. Read our tips and suggestions to help make your marriage proposal wonderful, memorable, and right for the two of you.
- 15 Essential Tips About Proposing Marriage
- Ward Off Marriage Proposal Disasters With These Tips and Advice
- The 4 Things You Need for a Successful Marriage Proposal
- Leap Year Proposal Traditions
Tips for Engaged Couples
You have the wedding to plan and many decisions to make, but make time during your engagement to get to know one another more deeply and to plan your life together by talking about the big issues.
- Right and Wrong Reasons to Get Married
- Questions to Ask Before Walking Down the Aisle
- Marriage Deal Breakers
- Most Widely Used Premarital Inventories
- Video: Types of Issues to Deal With Before Getting Married
- Video: Most Important Questions to Ask Before Getting Married
Living Together Before Marriage
Many couples assume that living together will give them a better chance at having a successful marriage. Statistics do not support that assumption. Here's information to help you make the decision about living together before you get married.
- Pros and Cons of Living Together
- Reasons Older Couples Say No to Marriage
- Cohabitation Facts and Statistics
- Is Living Together a Good Choice?
Research Marriage License Laws
There are many hoops to jump through before you can be legally married. Find out more about license laws and other legal issues to make sure you’re on track.
- Find Out How to Get Married
- What You Need to Know About Marriage Licenses
- Teen Marriage License Laws
- Where You Can Get Married by Proxy
Second Thoughts & Pre-Marriage Doubts
Having second thoughts about getting married is normal, but if the doubts continue, listen to that inner voice. It is better to postpone or cancel a wedding than get married to the wrong person or for the wrong reasons.