Because so many folks change residences several times throughout their lives, it might be best to "bury" the time capsule in a box in the attic, basement, or linen closet rather than outside in your yard. Mark the time capspule to be opened in 2021 or whatever year you think is appropriate for your family.Here are a few things you can consider including in your family time capsule.
- Newspaper headlines or magazine covers representing the past year.
- Pictures of favorite toys, your pets, your house, your town, and one another.
- Advertisements for food, cars, electronics, furniture, etc.
- A copy of your family budget showing how much you pay for your home, insurance, fuel, utilities, food, recreation, etc.
- Favorite recipes.
- A listing of your favorite movies, books, TV shows, sports, and hobbies or a screen shot of your Facebook profile page.
Throughout January, talk with your children and one another about what hopes and dreams you all have this new year. If your spouse or kids look at you blankly, then it may be time to teach them about having goals and objectives to work towards.
When helping them to come up with a goal, make sure that they make it achievable so they will experience success. Wanting to earn enough money after school to take the family to Walt Disney World is a nice goal, but it is probably not one that a ten year old will be able to achieve.
Do you have any suggestions of other items for a family time capsule?