When the two of you become three or more, major changes and adjustments invade your lives. If not talked about, these issues surrounding the parenting stage can turn your marriage into a battleground.
- Differing Parenting Styles
- Lack of Time
- Over Tiredness
- Chores and Child Care
- Lack of Sex
- Lack of Alone Time
- Unmet Expectations
Child rearing can be a tremendous bonding experience for the two of you if you parent your children together. Here are a few things you can do that will help both of you improve your marriage and your roles as parents.
- Know when to say no to volunteerism.
- Realize you're both only human and NOT super beings. Take care of yourselves, both physically and emotionally. Walk together as a family.
- Plan time alone together. Make having date nights a priority.
- Get rid of the clutter in your lives.
- Look at your priorities. Work together to divide household chores.
- Slow down. Don't try to do too much.
- Make mealtimes together a priority.
Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you. Honest and open communication is critical, not just with one another, but with your children, too.