Through the years, we've posted many polls about marriage. Based on the results of some of the polls, here is an unofficial and very unscientific glimpse of a typical married couple.
But first a warning. This is just for fun to give you an interesting peek inside other marriages. If looking at these responses causes you concern, ask yourselves how to keep your marriage healthy.
The Typical Marriage According to Poll Results
- You think men and women are both responsible for parenting and household chores.
- You celebrate your wedding anniversaries.
- You wouldn't vote for a presidential candidate who had an affair.
- You believe it is okay for couples to live together before marriage.
- The last time you complimented your spouse was yesterday.
- Unfortunately, you never dance with your spouse and you only date your spouse now and then.
- Sadly, you wouldn't marry your spouse again.
- You believe an emotional affair can seriously compromise a marriage.
- You've experienced how finances create conflict in your marriage.
- You believe that good divorces do exist.
- Your happiness in marriage varies day to day.
- Your in-laws are not helpful or supportive.
- Overwhelmingly, the spouse of a presidential candidate influences how you decide to vote.
- When it comes to telling your spouse all about a one-night stand, half of you think you should confess and half think you shouldn't confess.
- You keep your word.
- You and your spouse laugh together.
- You believe in lifelong marriage.
- Most of you have a low sex marriage.
- Unfortunately, most of you are in a rut.
- Surprisingly, you would remain married to a bisexual or gay spouse.
- Your fixer upper spouse's projects create stress in your marriage.
- As a husband, you give your wife a gift on Mother's Day.
- As a wife, you expect a gift on Mother's Day from your husband.
- One New Year's resolution you make is to look for ways to have fun together.
- You believe that opposites attract.
- Owning a pet creates problems in your marriage.
- When you discuss politics you sometimes have unfriendly disagreements.
- Pornography has not hurt your marriage.
- A remodeling project caused problems in your marriage.
- You ignore the remote control battle.
- You can't remember when you last had a romantic dinner with your spouse.
- You would sleep in a separate bed to get a good night's sleep.
- You have a time starved marriage.
- Traditions are important to both of you.
- Volunteerism is hurting your marriage.
- You believe it is important to wear a wedding ring.
- Working together hurt your marriage.
- You want to know if your spouse is cheating.
You can still vote in the polls:
01. Do you and your spouse celebrate your wedding anniversaries?
02. Would you vote for a presidential candidate who had been an unfaithful spouse?
03. Should couples live together before marriage?
04. When was the last time you gave your spouse a compliment?
05. How often do you and you spouse dance together?
06. How often do you and your spouse date one another?
07. Would you marry your spouse again?
08. Is an emotional affair wrong?
09. Do finances create conflict in your marriage?
10. Do you believe that good divorces exist?
11. Are you happily married?
12. Do you have helpful and supportive in-laws?
13. Could the spouse of a presidential candidate influence how you vote?
14. Should you confess a one-night stand to your spouse?
15. Do your in-laws create problems in your marriage?
16. Do you keep your word?
17. Do you and your spouse laugh together?
18. Is the idea of lifelong marriage obsolete?
19. Would you want to know if your spouse is cheating?
20. Do you have a low sex marriage?
21. Is your marriage in a rut?
22. Would you remain married to a bisexual or gay spouse?
23. Has your fixer upper spouse's projects created stress in your marriage?
24. Husbands: Do you give your wife a gift on Mother's Day?
25. Wives: Do you expect a gift from your husband on Mother's Day?
26. What is your New Year's resolution for your marriage?
27. Do you believe that opposites attract?
28. Has pet ownership created problems in your marriage?
29. How do the two of you handle political discussions?
30. Has pornography hurt your marriage?
31. Has a remodeling project caused problems in your marriage?
32. How do you handle the remote control battle?
33. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner with your spouse?
34. Would you sleep in a separate bed to get a good night's sleep?
35. Do you have a time starved marriage?
36. Are traditions important to you and your spouse?
37. Do you think volunteerism is hurting your marriage?
38. Is it important for you to have your spouse wear a wedding ring?
39. Has working together hurt your marriage?