How to Make Your Marriage Last
- Married Life
- Create a Long Lasting Marriage
- Increase Your Communication Skills
- Repair and Save Your Marriage
- Interracial and Interfaith Marriages
- In-Law Basics
- Grow Old Together
- Confront Problems in Your Marriage
Being married is a wonderful journey. Marriage, both the institution and the marriages around us, have an impact on all of us and ultimately on the strength of the family and society. People have strong feelings -- both negative and positive about marriage. As we all journey together as married couples, know you are not alone.
- If Marriage is a Journey, Who Has the Map?
- Is Your Marriage Typical?
- Share: Memories of Your Marriage Journey
- History of Marriage
- Coping Skills When You or Your Spouse Are Crabby
Create a Long Lasting Marriage
What helps keep your marriage successful and long-lasting? Long lasting marriages have characteristics and qualities that enable the couples to weather through both the good times and the bad times as they journey together on the highway of life. It helps to have a flexible attitude towards your marriage, a willingness to create a balance in the time you spend together and apart, and an openness to change.
- Easy and Practical Ways to Help Make Your Marriage Last
- Improve Your Marriage
- Long Lasting Marriage Tips
- Say I Love You
Increase Your Communication Skills
To have a successful marriage you must learn how to communicate effectively with one another. This includes listening both with your head and with your heart.
- Talk With Each Other
- Why Your Spouse Won't Listen to You
- Is Negativity Hurting Your Marriage?
- How to Write a Love Letter to Your Spouse
Repair and Save Your Marriage
If your marriage is in trouble, don't throw in the towel too quickly. Here are ways to repair and save your marriage.
- Help for Troubled Marriages
- How to Fight Fair
- Give Your Marriage a Spring Cleaning
- Cope With Stress in Your Marriage
Interracial and Interfaith Marriages
If you are in an interfaith, interracial, or intercultural marriage, the two of you have a few more challenges to face than couples of the same faith, race, or culture. Your differences in these marriages may create problems, but usually these problems can be lessened by being honest with one another about the issues.
- Tell the Story Behind Your Traditions
- Interfaith Marriage Stumbling Blocks
- Interfaith Marriage Mistakes to Avoid
- Holiday Tips for Interfaith Couples
- Interracial Marriage Coping Strategies
- Interracial Marriage Challenges
Your in-laws can be a tremendous source of support and closeness for the two of you and they can also be a major problem in your marriage relationship. Here are some tips to help you bond with and cope with your in-laws.
- Spending Time With Your In-Laws
- Top 10 In-Laws Coping Tips
- When Parents Disapprove of Your Marriage
- What You Can't Stand Your Child's Spouse
Grow Old Together
Being an empty nest couple is the beginning of a whole new marriage experience. Now you have the time to be alone together and do things you want to do, but health issues may surface. It is natural to worry when you see that your spouse isn't feeling well or has obvious medical problems. Here are tips to help when it is just the two of you again.
- The Empty Nest Syndrome
- When Your Spouse Won't See a Doctor
- When the Bug Bites
- Chronic Illness in a Marriage
Confront Problems in Your Marriage
Do you recognize red flags and warning signs of problems in your marriage? Do you let issues like finances and household chores create a wedge between you and your spouse? You must confront problems in your marriage and not hide your heads in the sand.
- Troubled Marriage Warning Signs
- Why Nagging Doesn't Work
- How to Divide Household Chores
- Maternal Gatekeepers
- Tips for Time-Starved Marriages