We are firm believers in the importance of nonsexual touch in marriage.
What is Nonsexual Touch?Here are more examples of affection and nonsexual touch in marriage:
- Holding hands both privately and in public.
- Nonsexual massage of neck, shoulders, back.
- Sitting close to one another both privately and in public.
- Kisses, especially unexpected kisses.
- Holding one another.
- Cuddling, snuggling.
- Walking arm in arm.
- Reaching across the table to touch hands.
- Simple caring and tender gestures such as resting your hand on your spouse's leg.
- Putting your hand on your spouse's shoulder.
- Gentle caresses.
Why is Nonsexual Touch Important in Your Marriage?Nonsexual touch and other signs of affection strengthens your marriage relationship, creates a comforting and calming atmosphere in your home, builds trust between the two of you, and deepens your intimacy with one another.
Do not let nonsexual touch become a thing of the past in your marriage!