The idea of downsizing involves more than moving to a smaller home. Downsizing also means reevaluating how you spend your time and your money.
Ideas on How to Downsize Your Lifestyle
- Move to a smaller residence.
- Hire help with the maintenance of your home.
- Take a look at your involvements. Drop one activity from each of your schedules and your children's schedules.
- Ask yourselves how much stuff you really need. If you haven't used something in the last two years, donate it or sell it. You will be surprised as how a decluttered home will lessen stress and can simplify your life.
Make the Most of the Newly Found Free TimeNow that you have done some downsizing, you should have to spend less time on keeping your home in order -- both outside and inside. Having less cleaning and less yardwork should free up time for the two of you to spend together.
- Take walks.
- Have an evening out on a regular basis.
- Take a trip together more often.
- Listen to music with one another.
- Read books together.
- Visit some off the beaten path locales.
Living simply usually results in having more with less.