Reduce stress in your lives and in your marriage by making time to breathe together.
- Find a comfortable chair for each of you. Keep your feet flat on the floor. Don't slouch or cross your legs.
- Don't have anything on your laps.
- Don't wear tight clothing.
- Take a few deep breaths to settle yourselves.
- Breathe deeply through your nose. Let the air out through your mouth. Repeat five to ten times.
- If you are breathing correctly, your tummy should move out about an inch or so.
- Also try focusing your attention on each part of your body to relax. Most folks start with their toes.
- A good way to end the breathing session is to think about a favorite place or a favorite activity for a few minutes.