Share With One Another How Important Valentine's Day Is or Isn'tIf you aren't sure what Valentine's Day means to your spouse, you need to talk about it. Otherwise, your unspoken expectations will lead to huge disappointments.
As you talk about Valentine's Day, share your attitudes, memories, expectations, and feelings about Valentine's Day and what the holiday represents to both of you.
You may be surprised at what you learn. Many people have negative memories of Valentine's Day experiences.
Ways to Make Valentine's Day SpecialRegardless of your past or current thoughts about Valentine's Day, there are ways to make Valentine's Day special. Remember that Valentine's Day isn't just about giving and receiving gifts or sending flowers. Valentine's Day should be a time to reflect on and share your love for one one another.
- Say "I love you" to your spouse more often.
Say I Love You in Different Languages
- Think of ways to show your love.
More Ways to Show Your Love
- Go out on a date night with your spouse and resolve to schedule more date nights for the two of you!
Dating Rules to Follow
- Don't forget food. Dining out or having a romantic dinner together is usually received well.
How to Plan a Romantic Dinner for Your Spouse
- Write a love letter or love note to your spouse.
Where to Leave Love Notes