Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their tenth wedding anniversary. Share your successful gift suggestions for diamond, tin, and aluminum and ideas for how to make your tenth anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage. 10th Anniversary Ideas
A Trip Down Memory Lane!
- My hubby and I were dreaming of a cruise for our 10 year, but I lost my job and there went those plans. lol.
We decided to take a "trip down memory lane" and comprised a 2 day "staycation", visiting places that were special to us when we were dating or in our "journey" and taking a pic at each one. We went to a movie theater we frequently visited while dating, then hit the fast food joint we ate at the night he proposed (he knew if he took me somewhere fancy I'd know what was happening), then the park where he proposed, the church where we said "I Do" and that night after a nice anniversary dinner we stayed the night in the hotel where we stayed after our wedding. We watched our wedding video that night and laughed about how young we were, lol. The next day we decided to make "new" milestones and visit new places :-) It turned out being really fun and spurred lots of "remembrance" conversations. Editor's Note: What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary!
- —Guest Amber
- My hubby & I are approaching our 10 yr. We don't have the money for any big trip as we dreamed of, so I am going traditional… I am getting him an aluminum bracelet with the latitude/longitude coordinates of where we got married stamped on the outside, and 'I still do' stamped on the inside for only his eyes. :)
- —Guest Guest
Tin, Metal - My Interpretation
- Hubby & I celebrated 10 years married by renewing our wedding vows before presenting each other with keys to a new motorbike each. Every Sunday since then has been "our" time - and sometimes we take our sons as our pillion passengers.
- —Guest Van
Does a New A/C Unit Count?
- That's what our gift is ... nice. Can't wait to see what happens at 15. A new roof? I didn't want to go on vacation anyway....
- —Guest 10th Anniversary
- Fitness focus a month ahead so that your body is at its sexiest in 10 years on day of anniversary. What a gift!
- —Guest Cherryll
- Never thought I would be in a relationship this long. Helps when you meet your true soul mate. One of the suggestions was for wine. One of our favorite bands is train and they have their own wine label. So he is getting a case of train wine varieties which I will wrap in foil. Five days til our anniversary. I can't wait!!
- —Guest Supermom
Tin Can and Poem
- My late father gave my step-mother a very special gift that I'd like to share with your readers. They didn't have much money, so he used a can opener on a can of soup or beans and he wrote a poem. He glued the tin can lid above the poem and put it in a frame. My step-mom hung it by the front door, where I remember glancing at it for 17 years. As my 10th anniversary approaches, I'm looking forward to making this same gift for my husband. I hope my father's idea will make another couple as happy as he was. Thanks for letting me share this special memory.
- —Guest Rhonda Judish-Walker
Antique Tin Ceiling Tile Artwork
- We have many beautiful, historic, specialty tiles painted and glazed in many different shapes. Contact us at 309-565-4876.
- —Guest Jim Halvorson
I Made It!
- I will be celebrating 10 yrs. in September! With five kids running around we will have to celebrate quickly in the shower wink wink! There is aluminum pipes right?
- —Guest julieann
- Nowadays marriages don't last ... after 10 years!! We are celebrating with a bang, renewal of vows and party.
- —Guest Ruby
- Great for the geek in your life - a custom aluminum electrical enclosure. bisonprofab.com/aluminum-enclosure.htm
10 Year Photo Album
- I'm going to assemble a photo book, hard cover, with pics from our 10 years together. www.mixbook.com is where I'll get it.
- —Guest John
- I bought him several small gifts and wrapped them all in aluminum foil.
- —Guest Mary Ann