From the article: 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their second wedding anniversary. Share your successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your second anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage. Share Your Ideas
Embroidered Cotton Map of Wedding Venue
- House of Whatnot sells made-to-order personalised maps, printed on fine cotton twill, framed in a waxed beech wood embroidery hoop and embroidered with coloured cotton threads. Why not get a cotton map of your wedding venue location, embroidered with you and your spouse's initials and your wedding date? Perfect for a quirky, unique gift for a cotton anniversary! www.houseofwhatnot.co.uk
- —Guest Sally
- My husband and I have been talking a lot about how we don't really NEED anything and I am a huge supporter of HEIFER International (gives livestock to poor families in 3rd world countries) So he says he is going to buy a sheep in my name for a family. I looked at him quizzically and asked Why? He said because sheep make cotton. I laughed so hard I got the hiccups. So I searched and searched and found a little black Xmas tree ornament (our ann. is late Nov) that is a sheep made of ... COTTON ..... hilarious
- —Guest Heather
Second Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
- I sent my husband on a scavenger hunt, and all of his clues were written or printed on handmade cotton paper. He arrived home from work to find his buddy there with a few beers & the first clue, an excerpt from the Velveteen Rabbit. This brought him to our real rabbit, who had a quotation "Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days," by the Egyptians, which led him to the fridge, where a 6-pack (and note not to drink TOO much) and the next clue, guiding him to call a certain co-worker waiting to pick him up. The co-worder brought him to a relative's house, where our 3-year-old niece gave him a single, yellow tulip, with a card explaining that a yellow tulip symbolizes "hopelessly in love". From there, he was driven to a local hotel, where the amazing valet guys gave him the last clue, telling him which hotel restaurant I was waiting in.
- —Guest The Patient One
Awesome Gift For Free
- For my husband on our 2nd year anniversary I plugged in the sewing machine and got busy. Luckily my husband has a hard time parting with his favorite T-shirts. I used the shirts and cut quilting squares out of them. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks! I think he's going to love having a quilt displaying all his favorite T's. They have been sitting in a box for 4years, most with holes in them. You can find how to videos for blanket quilts on the net and its free!
- —Guest Miss fisher
- My husband took me to DC for a novice painting class that allows wine sipping while painting on cotton canvas... It was so cool and creative. Then when we arrived home I had really cute cotton pajamas waiting on the bed!
- —Guest Mckenzie
2nd Cotton Gift
- I gave my wife a bunch of unused 80 year old cotton spools in different colours, mounted in a 3D frame. She loved it.
- —Guest AlmaCottage
- For my two year anniversary with my boyfriend, I ordered a personalized cotton blanket from Walmart with his favorite picture of us on it so he can take it to college with him.
- —Guest Christine
- My husband and I try to stay very true to the anniversary gift theme and try to out do each others' creativity. I got my husband cotton candy, cotton t-shirts, cotton socks, I couldn't find any cotton lingerie that I liked so I got something silk and crossed out silk and wrote cotton on the tag, he thought it was pretty funny and didn't mind that it wasn't cotton :-) I put all of it in a gift bag and then filled the bag with cotton balls. He got us matching t-shirts in our wedding colors with our wedding picture on the front and our wedding date, LOVED it, they were so creative!!
- —Guest Brittany
- Cotton sheets, cotton candy, Q-Tips, cotton balls, and Cottonelle bath tissue .... also a mix cd with songs containing the words cotton, two or comfortable. Example Cotton Eye Joe or 1+1=2, When 2 Become 1, etc
- —Guest Reg
Cotton Seed Packets and Cotton Bolls
- Check out wonderful gifts for anniversary gifts like cotton seeds packets and cotton bolls on http://www.cottonacres.com
- —Guest Cotton Acres
Cotton Wrapped Around Jewelry
- My husband had already found a beautiful (& huge!) emerald that he wanted to give me by the time he heard what the gift should have been. So he bought a scrap of cotton and wrapped it around the jewel. It is now my most favorite solitare emerald necklace.
- —Guest karen
- I got my husband a candle holder for the cotton sented candle I got him that was tied with a cotton ribbon. I also got him a couple cotton T-shirts.
- —Guest blc78
Second Anniversary Creativity
- I knew that the 2nd was cotton. So I had a 4x6 canvas pictures made with both of our children on them.
- —Guest Joseph
- For our first anniversary I thought of a way to combine the traditional and modern gifts, so I wanted to continue this tradition on our second anniversary. My original idea was a china set and cotton napkins, but when we got closer to our anniversary money was too tight to buy a full china set. Plus we live in an apartment and it seemed like a bad idea to invest in something so expensive and fragile when we will be moving again in the future. My next idea was Egyptian cotton sheets and china candle stick holders for the bed side tables, but my husband wasn't crazy about the idea. I thought some more and came up with a china vase and a cotton handkerchief to set underneath. My husband loved the idea and the items I found. The vase is china with platinum trim and it was personalized with our names and our wedding date in platinum. The handkerchief is made of cotton but has a sateen finish. To add some elegance, it's white with a burgundy border.
- —Guest elyse
Cotton Plus a Little Extra
- My husband loves football so I bought him a Maryland hoodies and two tickets!
- —Guest Lexie
1-15 of 28Next