Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their fourth wedding anniversary. Readers have shared successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your fourth anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage.
- The wife and I alternate years; so it was my turn to plan. I reserved a room at a nice hotel, ordered some silk flower petals in the colors of our wedding and placed them in the room on the floor. That morning I made strawberry and bananna pancakes for her and left them in her car for her breakfast, and I put three different flower bunches of gold, purple, and white on her desk at work and wrote happy anniversary. At lunch I gave her an edible arrangement of fruit made into a flower.
- —Guest Graham
- My hubby bought me a dozen red roses still more surprises to come :)
- —Guest Danni
- For our third annivesary, we went on a midnight horseback ride. There is a place near us that does this. It included a guided horseback ride on trails, a hayride, and a dinner of pulled pork and macaroni salad under the moonlight next to a campfire. You can even BYOB.
- —Guest Amy
- We celebrated our 4th at a fondue restaurant together. Fresh fruit & chocolate...who could go wrong with that?
- —Guest karen
Separated for Anniversary
- These are some great ideas! My husband is deployed this year, do you have any suggestions for a 4th anniversary "package" to be mailed??
- —Guest Army wife
- I took the somewhat traditional and sent flowers to him at the office. For fruit, I bought him a single share of Apple stock. He loved it!
- —Guest Rachel
The Big Apple
- I think a great idea would be a trip to the Big Apple of NYC!! With 4 long stemmed red roses and champagne in the hotel!
- —Guest kirstbaby
- A photo for each year in a nice frame. Touching letter of memories made, to be open by the song you fell in love to.
- —Guest meg
Photos and Written memories or a Song
- Make a mini collection of pics when you got married plus every year after, write a note of the memories you've made so far and a wish list of things to come. Make them open this letter to a song that both connected you and
made you fall in love. Then sit back and watch how heart moving simple memories over take that person and bring them back.
- —Guest megan
- My husband is allergic to almost all fresh fruits so I got him an APPLE pod;)
- —Guest danuta
4th Anniversary Gift Idea
- A fruit tree to plant in your yard. It will be a life-long reminder of your 4th anniversary.
- —Guest shane
- We took a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. We went to a Luau for dinner and had plenty of fresh fruit for dinner and got flower lei's. Not to mention that Hawaii is a great place for flowers and fruit.
- —Guest Jen
- Glass flowers that will last forever. Real flowers aren't as special.
- —Guest julie
- I needed something cheap, so I made my husband's favorite dinner and for dessert we had cake with his favorite fruit inside. We topped it of with apple cider in champagne glasses.
- —Guest Cynthia
Flowers Made of Fruit
- Edible arrangements are pretty much perfect! You get flowers made of fruit and they're beautiful!
- —Guest Laura
Fruit Flower Idea
- Our anniversary ended up at the cottage so for the idea that I am doing is going for a picnic and pick wild flowers, make a small camp fire for chocolate fondue with fruits -- all by that lake side. I'm sure my wife would like this.
- —Guest jamie