That approach could be considered a magic formula for a perfect or a great marriage. What is your magic formula?Share Your Magic Formula
Seeking God First and Admitting Faults
- In marriage we should seek God first and pray without season just like the bible said u pray for your husband children and in the same vain you try to admit your faults when you are wrong and apologize to your spouse at all times pride should never be part of couples character
- —Guest Mrs.EstherEnenche
The Little Things
- My family always says "I love you" before they hang up the phone and my parents always kiss goodbye before one of them leaves the house. I am doing the same with my husband, plus I find him and kiss him first thing when I get home. It is easy to get distracted by life and not give your spouse any attention. Little loving habits can bridge the gaps in stressful times and serve as a daily reminder that this person is important and special to you.
- —Guest Tricia
Magic Formula For a Great Marriage
- I decided I will make a sacrifice to start my spouse's day with wonderful home made breakfast in the best plates and cups I got and a prayer for as long as I live. I also make sure I check on him twice a day just to see how his day is .... and not to make any demands for anything. In case he is in a meeting and can not pick up the phone I just leave a message and let him call back at his convenience. Sometimes he runs late and can not pray with me in the morning and this was not easy at first but I changed these moments into an opportunity to intercede for him and pray for all his needs. This has given us a chance to reconnect. I am not sure he has noticed this but it has worked in great ways. I settled for breakfast and calling him to check on him because it takes no effort (I have always loved cooking breakfast). We have lots of ups and downs together in life but at the end of the day we make an effort to pray together and give thanks.
- —Guest Joy
PAIRS Marriage Education Classes
- I tell everyone about this class. It taught my husband and I skills that improved our communication, strengthened our bonding, and transformed our relationship!
- —Guest Donna
Loving God in Marriage
- I have found that trying very hard to have a successful marriage does not always lead to successful marriage. Concocting a 'magic formula' is similarly unsuccessful. I have found that there is a profound need for God. Also, I rely on older and more eloquent teachers to help put ideas into words. Here is one of the men I trust (Paul Tripp) to point me towards God and the type of marriage God expects of people who love Him.
- —Guest jpierson
Pray and Listen
- Many people have different views for a great marriage ... but I prefer to pray to God and ask him to show the way. By keeping quiet and listening to what you partner is saying will even make him realize that he has said a lot. Let him cool down and speak about the wrongs and rights he had spoken ... He will surely understand.
- —Guest Priya Lal
43 years of bliss
- "Water your garden eveyday. Even with small doses of water. If you don't the garden will eventually wilt and die."
- Talking, crying, praying and holding on tight to each other and the love and bond we know we were blessed with. We have been given a wonderful gift and we both are very aware of this. We have had ups and downs and at the end of every day no matter what is going on we are thankful for the love we share. This is something that is priceless, and at times it's like a fairy tale. I still get the same feelings, tingles ... after all these years and I even hear our children and grandchildren tell my husband and I to get a room when they see us kiss or dancing in our home. Remembering what is really important in life makes everything else very easy to over look.
- —Guest Laura
- The magic formula is to be equal when handling a conflict or an issue. The couple should win together without a loser or lose together without a winner. This equality guarantees a high self esteem for both because it takes two people to cause a problem and the two are still needed to solve the problem.
- —Guest Paul Mwangi
Secret magic formula?
- While I agree with what Mrs. Obama said, it isn't anything that we haven't all heard before. It's not really a "secret" (as claimed in the linked article), just common knowledge. (The *opposite* of a secret, you might say.)
- —Guest Catnip