From the article: Prison Marriage
In light of the extremely high divorce rate of prison marriages, where are the successful prison marriage stories? If you are married to a prisoner or were married to a prisoner, consider sharing your story with our readers. Share your thoughts about being in a prison marriage. Share Your Stories
Change Your Way of Thinking
- I have a son incarcerated. And I love his soul. But I wouldn't recommend having a relationship with him . He needs to work on his self before having a relationship. I will tell everyone this " the pain I feel ever day is unbelievable , knowing my son I raised is locked up because of his bad decisions hurts and will hurt till the end .. what he don't understand is I feel as though I am right there with him. This is the worst pain and a life long pain that I can't stop. Strange thing is he is really a good person. Has never physically hurt any one. Most people think the system is not corrupt but let me tell you it's despicable. Far from perfect. ..... More than likely I want be living when he's released. Thank you. Editor's Note: So true, Margie, about folks in prison needing to work on themselves before having a relationship. My heart goes out to you.
- —Guest Margie
Should I Stay
- I met my fiancee on line 3 years ago every year we r suppose to get married its something the 1st year he said he sent my marriage packet and never did got moved 9 hours away was suppose to. Get married again still didnt happen didnt. See each other 4 2 years now he says its gonna happen but now hes saying he could get 4-5years for a fight and hes gonna fight it but if he loses the fight in court since he has to strike he could maybe get life what do I do marry him or run. Editor's Note: If I were in your shoes, I'd run ...
- —Guest lady
- YET TRUSTING I too fell in love with an inmate. He was looking for a friend & a wife, & I was looking for a friend and a husband. ... I meant it to be just conversation & winessing about God in the beginning, but the very next day he told me he was in prison. I told him I couldn't continue on being I had been through a bad relationship years before & had an 11 yr old son. ...well, I know it was soon, but I felt a connection & prayed for God to let him call me back by midnight if I should at least be a friend to him. ...well, long story short.. he called back right at midnight.. Oct. 2013' a year later I moved with his mom out of state so we could marry, but then a few weeks later I moved back home with family to get on my feet and get things together for when God brings him home. Things are starting to fall into place after about four months being back home, but we're both dealing with depression. The devil wants to tear us apart, but I won't give up...Yet will I trust in GOD.
- —Guest Woman of God
- I olny new my Guy for 6 months, he got 3 yrs for dv.I was 8 wks pregnant when he went to Prison, I have stuck by his side, I'm faithful an just raise my son alone no friends. I did everything they told me to do to get visits an they go an deny me twice our son is now 13 months old an we have 11 months left for him to get out.then its up to his PO if an when he can come home to me an his son.it has been very lonely sad depressing an every expensive phone calls an $ on books @3000$. I love him with all my heart.an we are still together an we have grown stronger.
- —Guest t t
Need to See My Husband But Can't
- I am the victim to dv by my boyfriend , it was two yrs ago since then he's been amazing and has been so apologetic n got help in everyday possible so we got married on Feb 11 this year n he went away on the 14 th for three yrs because of this. There was no restraining order and the state pressed charges not me . now because I was the victim there not letting me see him , does anyone know for sure what I need to do to lift the victim . We have a child together and it will kill us all not to see each other.
- —Guest griffin14
I Am Angry
- Why do we deal with this stuff? Are we not better than this or are we getting what we deserve?
- I am mad! I am so mad I can't even think straight!
New to Husband in Prison
- I'm newly married and my husband is serving three years . We have one child together and I have three children from prior relationship. Of course we're in honeymoon stage but we've been together for five years and I love him more now then ever, it's only been a few days since he went away. I'm scared in so many ways and I need other stories to get me through this hard time.
- —Guest griffin14
When The Going Gets Tough
- I married a man in prison after knowing of him before he went in to prison he was my dream guy I was faithful and true we were in our second year of marriage when he dropped the bombshell that he wanted to be with a woman working in the same prison he was housed in I was devastated because I stoodby him 5 yrs and just like that me and my kids were history I became very depressed and lost asking why and I discovered he was showing me the real him and as for this woman how could she be an employee messing around with an inmate well I have learned a leopard never changes their spots and that he was filled with games I take life one day at a time trying to get over the pain he caused me and my children inmates should be avoided they are serious con artists
- —Guest Angie
Together 1 Year On Outs & 4 years Down!
- We have a great friend ship, wonderful emotional deep understanding of each other share our laughter joy dreams, also our tears doubts and our worse fears! we know each other inside and out! We talk write email and visit every two weeks for 7 hrs! Really I think we have better relationship than most couples on the outs! We share things most couples dont share about our selves our feelings deep with in our souls. We had a sexual connection befoer, and a connection we didnt understand that clicked when we met. Now we have deep understanding of each other from our souls! The good bad and ugly! We are soul mates best friends lovers boyfriend and girlfriend! & soon to be : husband and wife! Is and will be a difficult journey but as long as we both work hard together at having our marriage theres nothing we cant get through TOGETHER! Always and forever!
- —Guest shelly
Married to An Ex-convict
- My husband had just been released from prison after serving 8 years on a burglary charge. I was infactuated with his bad boy image, and he was hot and 10 years older than me. ANYWAY, BIG MISTAKE! He turned out to be THE MEANEST, most abusive, vile person I have EVER met. He lies even when the truth sounds better. He goes around talking smack about me, and because he's so cunning and manipulative - PEOPLE BELIEVE HIM, TIL they catch him lying, and they always do! He don't even remember the lies he tells. I told him one day if he was gonna continue to lie that he needed to record himself so he could at least remember them - cause when he gets busted lying, he gets violently angry and defensive and starts saying things like, "YOU DO DRUGS YOU DOPE PHENE!" I'm like, "I beg your pardon, not only can I prove through drug tests THAT I DON'T DO DRUGS, but I can also prove YOU lie about ANY AND EVERYTHING!" When they come out of jail they're use to being sneaky too!
- —Guest Robin
Broken and Alone
- me and BF have 3 kids & married him N prison waited 3+ yrs he got out left me 4 woman went back 1 yr later N 1995 and I stayed. he denied the 1994/1995 relationship until 2013 I divorced him but still love him I feel used hurt sad and alone. realized he never loved me just needed me to help pass the time. Ladies DONT marry man N prison. Wait til released so he can prove his sincerity and return your loyalty to him at his lowest time. If there is a voice deep inside U warning U please listen and high tail it in the opposite direction far from him. otherwise you and ur kids will suffer after waiting yrs 4 him and he will get out and leave you without a glance backwards. Ive spent the last 22 yrs of my life alone struggling believing he loved me as I love him and I was wrong. Now I'm 47 and too old and no one wants me (which is exactly what he told me & turned out 2 B true) all I can think of is I will die alone now. :-(
- —Guest Ruby Red Queen
Successful Prison Marriage
- My husband and I were married 7 years before he went to prison. He spent 26 years in prison and I was basically faithful. He told me to go out w the opposite sex only don't fall in love. My husband was my everything. We had 3 children together. On 11/11/11 he called me and told me he had pancreatic cancer. I remember my prayer was for God to not let him die alone and without me in prison. God blessed him w a massive stroke so I was able to hold him and pray over him in icu in a hospital. I heard his heartbeat grow fainter and fainter until it stopped. It still hurts and I still cry and feel as if I can't breath. God has him and He has me. Thank You God for taking care of us as soul mates (I actually feel I'll never find another) and our children. I will continue on and know I will see him again. Once again, thank You God for everything.
- —Guest Karen
We'll Just Have to Wait and See
- I met my man for about 6mnths before his sentencing of 42 mnths.He was honest and told me about the time he was facing on our first date.I still continued to see him.spending everyday with each our it was natural that our feelings got involved and now 2wks into jis sentence were both completly in love with each other.Its not all perfect while facing the prison time he had issues with his ex and I admmited to cheating as well.I don't know what future holds for us but I promised to stay faithful and I'm gonna try my hardest to.so we'll have to wait to see what God has planned for us
- —Guest just a guest
Devils in Prison
- I married my husband in prison aftet writng for three met fac to face n 2006,and married him.the biggest mistake of my life all he was lookn for was a visit letters and phn call and i done all that.once he got out he went back to his old tricks a drug dealer byt ge was his biggest customer haha right now srill workn at shupyrd i guess has p.o who he is fooling big time.never hear a prisoner lie they r all devils n there lookn for a host lik you if i could turn back the hands if time i would.pls don't gt caught up lik i did.every woman looks the same to them pls understand they mean us woman no good
- —Guest tea
1-15 of 180Next