From the article: Prison Marriage
In light of the extremely high divorce rate of prison marriages, where are the successful prison marriage stories? If you are married to a prisoner or were married to a prisoner, consider sharing your story with our readers. Share your thoughts about being in a prison marriage. Share Your Stories
My Everything Was Captured
- My husband and I were childhood friends. We were reunited by his mother. After reconnecting we found out how much we shared. Our love grew instantaneously. To truly love someone is the best gift ever!! We got married in June at the prison. When he comes home we will do it all over again! !
- —Guest lovebird
Married My Soulmate in Prison
- Been together for 14 years in December. Met him in prison from a pen pal ad. We got married 4 years after. in 2005 and still together. Its been 14 years and still going strong in our marriage. You can fine love behind the walls and be happy.
- —Guest halfpint
Serving Time on the Outside
- It's lonely, difficult, embarrassing, depressing, its the hardest thing.
- —Guest stacey
What Do You Think?
- Knew my husband for 2 weeks we fell in love.he went to prison for 2yr. Waited faithfully the whole time at the time my son was 5 yr my husband is his father my son is all he knows,2 yr later he got out did good for about 3/4mo. Went back to jail got married in jail now in prison doing 8 yr. With 85% so he'll do 5 yr. 7 mo. Our whole relationship has been while he's in prison I love this man with my all!!! What do you think?
- I meet this Person when i was only 12 years old. Yet i was so young but he had a big impact on me. Desteny connected us again when i was 29 years old. He changed my life forever even after he lied to me and always had someone else in his life i did learn so much and my big lesson was to never commit to an inmate. I know one day he will be free and i still wish him well because i truelly want him to be happy. He is the only one that knows his true reasons for lying to me .. but one thing i do know is that i hope he never feels how i did when i found out his lies and his games. Im sure not all inmtes are the same but a good percent is and it hurts me to say this but ladies please reconsider marriage or such serious commitment to an inmate one doesnt know how true or what are the real intentions behind all that love that is just a big Fantasy. To good to be true. Congratulations to thoae who have been lucky. Buy to those of us who know better is not worth risking our love.
- —Guest Serena
- After many yrs I reconnected with someone I've had love for since we were teenagers. He had to be locked up, but I'm still so happy we reconnected. I have always loved this man,and I know I always will. I never let him know how I truly felt before. He knows now probably more than he should. I'm a single Mom and I go every other week-end and visit if I go any longer it's just too hard on us both. We email and talk some, but not as much as I need, I get really aggravated b/c deep down I want so much more,and in reality I can't right now. Our visits are awesome,and he is all I have ever dreamed of. He isn't on the same level with me ,and doesn't pretend to be, and I admire him for being a man not to just tell me what I want to hear to get what he wants , or needs. I admire him for his honesty. It's hard ,but you have to have a love beyond love to travel this road....Out weigh the odds.. most have so many on the side ,and that's just a fact..I'll stand by him till the end!!
- —Guest Determined
Soul Mates With Some Massive Baggage
- I met my fiancé four years ago he had just been released from a 2 yr bid and I had just gotten out of an 8 yr relationship. He had two baby moms that neither of them had any contact with him and we got hot and heavy fast. We got pregnant and had a miscarriage and he also kept going back and forth from me and this other girl. He got her pregnant and me also 6 months later. I got sick of the heartache and left him. He begged to come back after our son was born I gave in and he got arrested on a fed warrant a month after he was born. He's doing 10 yrs. it's been a yr and half now and even through all the stuff he out me through I still think he's my soul mate. Such a diff feeling of love I've ever had. He is my air my life my world my everything. I love our family and we plan on making it bigger when he comes home. We are getting married in jan 2014. Only thorn in our side is his crazy baby mom that won't get over him. Trying to figure out if I can handle her for the rest of my life.
- —Guest Mz. Wilson
One Dark Hell Hole
- Hello, Well just to unload one long dark journey, my husband of 4 yrs of marriage on Dec 22, 2013 our anniversary. He already spent 2 1/2 yrs of it in prison what a honeymoon.Anyways he failed to comply with his hope program that he was ordered by court. He needed to call the court jurisdiction everyday, they assign colors to whom is in that program so if your color is picked that day when they call they need to go down to the court probations and give a urine sample,he failed to comply sooo in other words he was on the run. I didnt not find out till later noon that day I called and he lied saying his color wasn't called when it actually was his color. He got away for few weeks then at a near by friend house we slept over the swat team came with rifles waking both of us up.I was terrified never experience this in my life time till then that morning. Rifles pointing at us saying for him he is getting arrested.They took him leaving me in a limbo. We just got married like a lost child
- —Guest cherry blossokms
Is It Real??
- Ive known my fiance my whole life... His sister is married to my uncle. He is sentenced to life... Through my life of relationship nd now going through a divorce, he is all I hav.. been there through it all, but not physically.. We connected nd suddenly hooked up, im do in love with him. He makes me smile more den ever. Loves my daughter as his own.. Now we r engaged nd soon to be married.. Ive been prayin for a second chance for his freedom.. Is marrying him a big mistake? Editor's Note: Only you know how much you can endure. Marrying him with an expectation of his getting paroled would be a mistake. If you marry him, do so with the understanding that the two of you may never be together.
- —Guest Angel
Love of My Life
- I was with a man that blessed me with three children love of my life after he was n and out of jail we separated for 15 years always kept up where he was checked corrections every 2 to 3 months to see if he had returned then after 14 years I wrote him a letter in prison and now that hes been released again my heart is finally complete. hes my soul mate and regardless a life with just months at a time is better than a life without him ... guess thats what you call true love everlasting .... my soul mate
- —Guest soulmate
- I been married for 6 years he made a stupid decision and decided to go rob a store with his lil brother. his brother got off with 10 years probation and he got 20 years and left me and our children out here. I dont even know why he did it we was not even in need of anything. so i guess he was trying to prove a point to his brothers. now im a single wife out here waiting on a man who is serving 20 years in state prison. i love him and he has been gone for 4 years almost and has seven more left before he comes up for parole they tell me that he wot make his first parole so i dnt know what to do. any suggestions
- —Guest CICI
Wisdom,Truth, & Knowledge
- If any ladies would like to email me about their situation, feel free. Young or old, we all have something in common. Only God can judge us!!
- —Guest Mrs.Amison
I Can't Wait
- I met my love back in 2010. I was only 19 years old and he was 37. When i met him he just came home after serving 18 years of an original 75 year sentence. we dated for 5 months before he went back to jail for a parole violation. he has done 3 years and will be home in 2 months. he is working and has the greatest bond with my children. not to mention he is the sexiest man u could ever meet. hes been saying that he wanted to marry me and have kids since before the incarceration. we were able to have time together so i hope that we will be expecting soon. im so in love 12/2013 plz hurry.
- —Guest so in love 1990
The Love of My Life
- My husband and I have been married for a little over a year. He had got mixed up in buying a pit bull puppy from a young kid that was stolen. My husband being the grown man he is took all blame for the charges to keep the child out of trouble. Now he is locked up cause we could not afford to pay 3 thousand dollars in fines even though the people was gave the dog back with no harm done to it. My husband is the light of my day. Of course we have our ups and downs like any married couple but I plan on standing behind him through it all. If u love someone no matter what they do u are suppose to be there for them.
- —Guest Tiff
- I was engaged to be married to the man who i tought loved me the most and was true to me. Until i missed our wedding day due to the hunger strike and when i asked him lets start the process all over he replied i dont think we should is a bad idea and we are never going to be married. When i heard those words was when i realised he never loved me and he was with me only for my money and the help i was willing to give him. A month later i found out he has someone else he is one lost sad sorry person and may God foegive him for the pain he caused me. Marring an inmate is not easy but one has to know the person who one has committed to because to them its a game and love is pure prison talk.
- —Guest Emma
1-15 of 150Next