From the UK, another study reports couples rarely compliment one another and start taking one another for granted when married for three years. That's a change from the German study done in 2007 that "reported that the dangerous time in marriage should be called the 'five-year itch'."
According to the UK study, the everyday things that can kill passion in a marriage are:
- 1. Weight gain/lack of exercise, 13 percent
- 2. Money & Spend thriftiness, 11 percent
- 3. Anti-social working hours, 10 percent
- 4. Hygiene issues (personal cleanliness), 9 percent
- 5. In-Laws/extended family -- too much/too little, 9 percent
- 6. Lack of romance (sex, treats etc), 8 percent
- 7. Alcohol -- drinking too much, 7 percent
- 8. Snoring & anti social bedtime habits, 6 percent
- 9. Lapsed fashion -- Same old underwear/clothes, 4 percent
- 10. Bathroom habits -- Stray nail cuttings etc, 4 percent.Source: Paul Casciato. "The 7-year itch is now the 3-year glitch: study." Reuters.com. 3/08/2011.
So what upsets you? Please share your thoughts and stories.