How to Handle Conflict in Your MarriageHere are some ways to handle marital disputes and resolve differences:
- Make sure you clarify what it is you are discussing.
- If either of you are too angry to discuss the situation or problem, then set a time to get together later to discuss it.
- Be flexible and open to other solutions than your own. A willingness to compromise is important.
- Don't push one another's buttons. Don't be sarcastic or attack one another's self image.
- Don't interrupt one another. Listen. Be aware of your own body language and what it may be saying.
- Talk in a calm, respectful voice. Ranting and raving accomplishes nothing.
- Remember that a fair argument can enhance a marriage. Fight for your marriage, not to win.