Sex doesn't have to get boring in marriage. As the years go by, your sex life should get better. Here are some ways to keep your marriage and sex life fresh.
Time Required: varies
- Communication is the key to a healthy and active sex life in a marital relationship, so talk with one another more!
- Share with one another your sexual desires.
- Talk with one another about your expectations concerning lovemaking. False or unmet expectations can hurt your marriage.
- Sexual intimacy is a continuing process of discovery. True intimacy through communication is what makes sex great.
- Sex in a long lasting relationship can deepen and become a richer experience. No matter how many times you have made love to each other, the wonder and awe of mutual attraction can still be there.
- When life becomes busy, and schedules are hectic, plan for sexual encounters with one another. Make sex one of your main priorities.
- Try to set the mood in advance.
- If you want to have good sex at night, start the foreplay in the morning.
- Let your spouse know you care and are thinking about him/her throughout the day by notes, e-mails, phone calls, hugs, etc.
- Don't expect your spouse to be the only one in your marriage who is responsible for romance. You both need to take responsibility for having an intimate and successful marriage.
- Hold hands more often.
- Schedule date nights.
- Being grouchy all day or ignoring your spouse during the day hurts your chances of having a positive lovemaking experience that evening.
- Remember that sex isn't going to be perfect each time. Don't compare your sex life to the ones you see in movies or on television.
- Recognize that abstinence now and then can be beneficial to your relationship if you start to lust after one another more.
What You Need
- Good Communication
- Love for Each Other
- Willingness to Make Time for Each Other
- Date Nights