Of course we don't expect you to have 30 dates each month, but here are suggestions to help you follow the simple prescription for date nights: do something new. Plan on having at least one date night each month.
These dates all require that the two of you get out of the house together. Although staying home and baking cookies or watching a movie on television is okay once in a while when absolutely necessary, that type of date should NOT be the norm.
1. Drive to a nearby location that you don't visit very often.
2. Go out to dinner.
3. Visit a museum.
4. Have a picnic in the park.
5. Go out to lunch.
6. Go to a high school or college theatre production.
7. Discover something new in the city where you live.
8. Go to a movie.
9. Walk through a park.
10. Spend an afternoon checking out antique stores.
11. Go dancing.
12. Go bowling.
13. Try your hand at solving a mystery at a mystery dinner theatre.
14. Attend a high school or college football, basketball, or baseball game.
15. Go hiking.
16. Visit a winery.
17. Ride a train.
18. Spend a night at a nice motel or a bed & breakfast.
19. Ask your spouse what he or she wants to go -- then do it together.
20. Find a place to take a boat ride.
21. Recreate your first date together.
22. Watch a movie at a drive-in.
23. Schedule a breakfast date.
24. Attend a concert.
25. Spend time in a bookstore together.
26. Locate a merry-go-round and ride it together.
27. Go to a comedy club.
28. Visit an ice cream shop.
29. Visit a historical house or light house in your area.
30. Fly a kite together.
31. Go shopping for something the two of you both want.