News Updates:5/30/2013: A ruling by a California federal judge "could reward Smith's daughter Dannielynn as much as $49 million."
Source: Daniel Fisher. "Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter Wins Sanctions From Marshall Estate." Forbes.com. 5/30/2013.
3/13/2009: The attorney general of California, Jerry Brown, filed felony charges against Howard K. Stern saying that he was part of a conspiracy to give Anna Nicole Smith drugs.
"This was done knowingly and this was done with tragic consequences ..." Charges were also brought against Sandeep Kapoor and Khristine Eroshevich.
Source: Howard Breuer. "Prosecutor: Howard K. Stern was Anna Nicole Smith's Enabler." People.com. 3/13/2009.
Died:Anna: February 8, 2007 at age 39. Anna Nicole Smith was found unconscious in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Cafe Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. She was rushed to a hospital but never regained consciousness.
Anna died from an accidental drug overdose.
3/2/07: Anna Nicole Smith was buried in the Bahamas next to her son, Daniel in the Lakeview Memorial Gardens. Her mahogany coffin was covered with a rhinestone-studded pink blanket and she was dressed in a designer beaded gown with a tiara. Her funeral was at the Mount Horeb Baptist Church where the pews were decorated with pink roses. An urn with some of the ashes of her second husband, J. Howard Marshall II, was reportedly buried with Smith.
Source: Dan Glaister. "Anna Nicole Smith buried next to 20-year-old son in Bahamas." Guardian.co.uk. 3/2/2007.
Marriages and Relationships:
Photo Gallery with pictures of Anna Nicole with Billy Smith, J. Howard Marshall, and Howard K. Stern.
- Billy Wayne Smith: Born in 1968. Billy Smith and Anna Nicole met when they were both working at Jim's Krispy Fried Chicken in Mexia, Texas. They married on April 4, 1985 in Limestone County, Texas when Anna was 17 years old and Billy was 16.
Anna Nicole and Billy had one son. Billy and Anna separated in 1987. Researching the Texas Divorce Index, it appears that Billy and Anna may have divorced on February 3, 1993.
- J. Howard Marshall II: Born January 24, 1905. Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall II met in Houston in 1991 when she was a topless dancer. Marshall and Anna married on June 27, 1994 at the White Dove Wedding Chapel in Houston when she was 26 and he was 89.
Their marriage was his third marriage and Anna's second marriage. Although it is reported that Anna Nicole and Marshall never lived together, their marriage lasted until he died on August 4, 1995 in Harris County, Texas.
Anna Nicole Smith had been in a dispute since November 1999 with her former step-son, E. Pierce Marshall over her deceased husband Marshall's large estate.
Pierce died at the age of 67 in June, 2006. The Marshall family is still fighting Anna's claims to the estate.
J. Howard Marshall II had two previous marriages:
- Eleanor M. Pierce: Married from 1931 to 1960. They had two children, J. Howard Marshall III and E. Pierce Marshall. Their marriage ended in divorce.
- Bettye Bohannon: Married in 1961. The marriage ended in 1991 when Bettye died.
Third Significant Relationship:
- Howard K. Stern: Anna Nicole and Howard celebrated their union on 9/28/06, off the island of Sandy Kay in the Bahamas, on a 42-ft. catamaran named Margaritaville. Anna Nicole and Howard had an unofficial marriage commitment ceremony officiated by a Baptist minister. Anna Nicole wore a white dress and carried a bouquet of red roses. Howard wore a black dress suit.
Anna Nicole Smith and Howard K. Stern pledged to "be there for one another, to be each other's strength during this difficult time."
Their guests at the wedding, including John James, enjoyed champagne, apple cider, and Kentucky Fried Chicken after the ceremony.
- Daniel Wayne Smith: Born on January 22, 1986 in Limestone County, Texas. His father is Billy Smith. Daniel appeared in two of his mother's movies and on her reality TV show.
Daniel died on September 10, 2006 at Doctors Hospital in Nassau in the Bahamas. Daniel had arrived at the hospital on September 9, 2006 to visit his mother and new step-sister. He spent the night sleeping in a chair in Anna Nicole's room. A mixture of methadone and two antidepressants was said to be the cause of his accidental death.
Dannielynn was confirmed as Anna Nicole's sole heir on 3/4/2008. Her trust has Stern and Birkhead as co-trustees.
Occupations:Anna Nicole Smith: Actress, writer, director, dancer, producer, model, Miss Republic of Cuervo Gold, former Playmate of the Year (1993).
Billy Smith: Cook.
J. Howard Marshall II: Texas oil tycoon and billionaire.
Howard Stern: Attorney.
Quotes About the Marriages of Anna Nicole Smith:Anna Nicole about Howard Stern: "I wanted more than a lawyer relationship, and then started kind of flirting with him and we kind of got it on. I just kind of attacked him and that was it. I kissed him first. He was the shy one."
Attorney Michael Scott about why Anna Nicole and Howard had a mock wedding/marriage: "They needed a little adrenaline boost because things have been so hectic and devastating in their life recently."
Anna Nicole Smith about her marriage to Howard: "Nobody has ever respected me or done things for me. So when Howard came along, it was a blessing."
Source: USAtoday.com from In Touch interview.