Their reconciliation and remarriage was not the start of a more stable relationship. Here's information about their marriages, divorces, children, and more.
Marriage Fast Facts - Kim and Marshall
Married: June 14, 1999.
Second Marriage: January 14, 2006.
Second Divorce: 2006.
First Marriage: Yes.
Did You Know?
Kim and Marshall have one daughter.
News Update:12/19/06: After the divorce between Eminem and Kimberley was referred to a mediator, their divorced was finalized on 12/19/06.
4/05/06: Eminem filed for divorce from Kim. He asked for joint custody of their daughter, Hailie Jade Scott.
Kimberley Anne Scott: January 9, 1975 in Warren, Michigan.
The spelling of Kim's first name varies from court document to court document. Her name was spelled Kimberley on their first marriage license, on several court case documents, and on their second wedding invitation. It was spelled Kimberly on their divorce papers.
How Eminem and Kim Met:
Wedding Dates:Marshall and Kim have been married twice.
- First Wedding: June 14, 1999 at St. Joseph, Missouri. They had three guests at their wedding, including his mother, Debbi Mathers-Briggs, and two other guests. Their wedding ceremony was officiated by Reverend Sharon O. Spiegel. You can see a copy of their marriage certificate at the Buchanan County Recorder of Deeds Public Search, Book79/Page 22 CFN#M317.
- Second Marriage: January 14, 2006 in a small ceremony on the Oakland University campus in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Marshall was 33, and Kim 30.
Second Wedding Ceremony:They reportedly repeated the vows from their first wedding and walked down the aisle to "Mockingbird" performed by Luis Resto on the piano. The wedding was held in Meadow Brook Hall, a 110-room mansion built eighty years ago for John Dodge's widow, Matilda Dodge Wilson.
Eminem arrived in a black limousine, wearing a red baseball hat.
Their daughter Hailie Jade, age 10, was the flower girl, and Whitney, age 3, Kim's child from another relationship, and Alaina, age 12, Kim's niece, were in the bridal party. D12's Proof (Deshaun Holton) was Eminem's best man.
Second Wedding Attire:Kimberley wore a strapless white gown. The groomsmen wore black tuxes.
Second Wedding Reception:The eighty or so wedding guests included family, close friends, 50 Cent's G-Unit, Em's band D12, and Obie Trice.
Marshall's mother, Debbie Nelson, did not attend. Guests were asked to sign confidentiality agreements.
The reception dinner included lobster tails and filet mignon for the adults. Children were given chicken nuggets and burgers. DJ Lord Sear from New York provided the music for the guests at the reception that was decorated with flowers and candles in shades of lavender.
Honeymoon:Eminem and Kimberley planned to have a honeymoon later in the year.
Text Invitation for Second Marriage:
"This day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, love.
Kimberley Anne Mathers and Marshall Bruce Mathers III
On 14 January at 5pm they hope you will join them as they exchange vows and the celebration of their new life together."
Source: WXYZ Detroit:
Prenuptial Agreement:Eminem and Kim did sign a prenuptial agreement one week prior to their second marriage to one another.
- Hailie Jade Scott: Their daughter, Hailie was born on December 25, 1995. Her mother is Kimberly Scott.
- Alaina aka Lainie, Laney: Niece, she is the daughter of Kim's twin sister, Dawn.
- Whitney: Child of Kimberley.
Marshall is the legal guardian for his younger half-brother, Nathan Samra-Mathers.
Occupations:Marshall: Grammy and Oscar award winning rapper and voice actor.
Relationship Timeline of Eminem and Kimberley:
- 1989: Kim and Eminem met one another.
- 12/25/1995: Their daughter, Hailie, was born.
- 6/14/1999: Eminem and Kimberley were married.
- 2000: Eminem's hit song "Kim" is about Kim's death.
- 6/2000: Marshall arrested for assaulting John Guerra who was kissing Kimberley at the time.
- 7/2000: Kim attempted suicide by cutting her wrists.
- 8/2000: Eminem filed for divorce.
- 8/2000: Kim filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit against Eminem.
- 8/29/2000: Couple separated.
- 12/2000: Eminem and Kim reconciled and reunited.
- 3/2001: Kim filed for divorce.
- 10/11/2001: Divorce final.
- Late in 2004: Eminem and Kim reconciled.
- 1/14/2006: Eminem and Kim remarried.
- 4/05/2006: Eminem files for divorce.
- 9/19/2006: Divorce referred to a mediator.
- 12/19/2006: Eminem and Kim's divorce finalized.
Quotes About Marriage and Family of Eminem:
From Divorce Papers: "There has been a breakdown in the marriage relationship to the extent that the objects of matrimony have been destroyed and there remains no reasonable likelihood that the marriage can be preserved."
Source: ABC News. 4/5/06.
Proof: "I don't know whether they're crazy in love, love-crazy or just crazy."
Eminem, on Hailie's understanding of his music: "When she gets old enough, I'm going to explain it to her. I'll let her know that Mommy and Daddy weren't getting along at the time. None of it was to be taken literally."
Source: Contemporary Musicians. Volume 28. Gale Group. 2000.
Kim, on Eminem's attack on John Guerra: "My husband came up to Hot Rocks to check up on me, why is still unknown to me because if I was to cheat on him it wouldn't be in a neighborhood bar where he knows I am. Had he asked any questions before he flew off the handle, he would have realized that everyone with me (both male and female) were only friends. The fact that he has just jumped to conclusions has gotten him and myself in trouble."
Source: Newsmakers. Issue 2. Gale Group. 2001.
Eminem's grandmother Betty Kreslin on Eminem's second marriage: "He needs to think twice about marrying her again, or at least get a pre-nup this time around."
Someone close to Eminem and Kim:"They can't live with each other, but they can't stay away. They're crazy about each other and they keep trying."
Source: Star Magazine