Dixie Virginia Carter: May 25, 1939 in McLemoresville, Tennessee.
Died:Dixie: According to People.com, on April 10, 2010, Dixie Carter died at the age of 70 from complications arising from endometrial cancer.
How Dixie and Hal Met:
- David Holbrook: David is an actor. His mother is Ruby Johnson.
- Victoria Holbrook: Her mother is Ruby Johnson.
- Eve Holbrook: Her mother is Carol Eve Rossen.
- Mary Dixie Carter: Mary is an actress.
- Ginna Carter: Ginna is an actress.
Dixie: Actress, producer, speaker, dancer, opera singer.
- Ruby Johnson: Ruby was born on August 28, 1930 in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Hal and Ruby, an actress, were married on September 22, 1945. They had two children together. Ruby and Hal were divorced in 1965.
- Carol Eve Rossen Carol was born on August 12, 1937 in Los Angeles, California. Carol, an actress, and Hal were married on December 28, 1966. They had one child together. Their marriage ended in divorce in 1979.
- Arthur Carter: Arthur, a businessman, and Dixie were married in 1967. They had two daughters together. Their marriage ended in divorce in 1977.
- George Hearn: An actor, George and Dixie were married in 1977. Their marriage ended in divorce in 1979.
Quotes About the Marriage of Dixie Carter and Hal Holbrook:
Dixie on importance of family: "We don't have the family organization the way we used to. My father lives with us because we have the room. The greatest of all opportunities for our children is a complete family unit."