From the article: Suggestions for 1st Anniversary Gifts
Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their first wedding anniversary. Share your successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your first anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage. Share Your Ideas
- My wife has lived in Florida for a few years, and never once been to Disney, despite turning 30 this year. I promised a year of Disney, instead of our 11 day annual vacation in July
- —Guest Jaydob2234
- I love traditions. I framed our favorite wedding picture. But i thought it would be neat if he could always have it with him too, so i got him a pocket watch with a small picture of us in it. Also had it ingraved. He cried.
- —Guest shanan31
Idea for the Paper Anniversary
- I ordered a large sized deck of cards online and printed out some pics of us, the place he proposed, etc as well as meaningful song titles and on the heartcards, i put specific reasons why i love him. He loved it
- —Guest Briana
Paper - Photo book
- I used a photo book for the year we were married; married in Jan do our year photos and trips filled it up.
- —Guest Robert
- The first year anniversary tradition is paper. I decided to go with traditional, but with a little spice. I went to a studio and had boudoir photos taken. Then had the photos put in a book. My husband loved it! .
- —Guest Jessie
- We bought concert tickets for each other and had a great weekend away!
- —Guest Fiona
Sundial Gift Certificate
- My girlfriend got a gift certificate from her husband for an indoor sundial that makes rainbows in her room. She had it made with a dateline for her anniversary that the time shadow will follow every year on their special day - now she hopes her husband will never forget their anniversary!
- —Guest kimberly
Scrap Album of Your First Year...
- Just an idea... I was thinking since the traditional gift is paper, you can create an album of memories you created since your wedding day. Include letters, cards, photos, tickets, momentos, etc.
- —Guest Shawn
Last Minute Anniversary Gift
- I remembered my anniversary at the last minute since I have been very distracted at work and traveling a lot... a search brought me here to this list, and after I read what some of the others have done I found a great gift that really saved the day. I ordered a sundial gift certificate for the rainbow sundial I read about in a different post, got it the same day, and she loved it! Thanks!
- —Guest Frank
First Anniversary Gift Idea
- A bouquet of paper flowers! There are some beautiful paper roses and lilies at www.naturaldesign.co.uk.
Modern 1st Anniversary Gifts
- Put a twist on the traditional first year anniversary clock gift by getting your spouse a watch.
- —Guest Catie Brown
- I wanted to incorporate both modern & traditional ideas, so I printed a business card size copy of my husbands favourite photo from our wedding & wrote my vows I made to him on the back & laminated it. It fits snug in his wallet & goes everywhere with him. For the modern - I enlarged my fav wedding photo & made a clock.
Paper 1st Anniversary Gift
- My husband and I wrote our own vows. I had 4 lines from my vows painted on 4 separate canvases with our wedding colors and flowers.
Personalized Fake Magazine Cover
- Yourcover.com has a wide variety of unique personalized magazine covers that are great for a first anniversary
- —Guest markk
- I bought "What I Love About You" (Barnes & Noble), a fill-in book. I completed every page in a few hours. It includes "the 5 'W's of the first time we met, I knew I first loved you when ___, & we were lucky when ___." It's a great gift idea.
- —Guest AltoSaxNinja
1-15 of 166Next