Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their first wedding anniversary. Readers have shared successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your first anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage.
1 Year Paper Gift Idea
- Unroll a toilet paper roll and tape single dollar bills (10 to 50) and reroll and rewrap your paper gift.
- —Guest lISA FEMIA
First Year Gift Ideas
- My husband and I bought a vintage map of France, which was our wedding location. I wrote a post with more first wedding anniversary gift ideas here: http://thesweetseed.com/2014/05/26/first-wedding-anniversary-gift-ideas/
- —Guest Valerie (@TheSweetSeed)
For my Daughter & Son-in-law
- I wanted to do something both traditional and original so I saved an invitation from there wedding, bought a nice piece of wood and created a piece of unique art by decoupage it so they have a permanent copy to display with their photos
First Anniversary Idea
- Men are hard to buy for or even have an idea of what to get for an anniversary! My idea is to print off a nice copy of my vows to him, or both of our vows and put them in a frame for his bedside table.
- —Guest Jocelynne
Anniversary gift ideas!
- There are some good ideas on this page, we really like the message in a bottle idea! What are your thoughts on these...
They are inexpensive, customisable and sentimental... :)
- —Guest PrettyClouds*
Her Wedding Dress Sketched
- My husband gave me my wedding dress sketched for our first anniversary. It was amazing. he used My Dreamlines.
- —Guest Jolie
Paper Products Galore
- My in laws got us a year supply of paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, etc. I thought it was kind of funny, but it was actually great not having to buy all of that for a year.
- —Guest Juice
- You can share the best/positive points of your spouse throughout the year. he will be happy and you will realize that when you were wrong in some quarrels
- —Guest jyoti
- We went on a very nice weekend get-a-way staying at a bed and breakfast. The paper were the tickets we bought to go to a theme park close by. And to remember the Anniversay and make it special, we got our wedding bands engraved with our names and wedding date. :) It was truly the perfect first Anniversary!
- —Guest Guest Lynda
- I found a heart shaped paperweight that could be engraved on 1 side and had them write "my heart" on it.
- —Guest karen
- My hubby has gotten into brewing his own beer, so in keeping with the traditional paper gift I bought him a couple of books on crafting his own brews.
- —Guest Mrs.Buschy
- My husband and I spent our first year of marriage living with my in-laws saving money for our own home. Days before our 1st anniversary we closed on our new home together. It was a very special time and event for us.
- —Guest Wife
The Paper Anniversary
- I drew out a treasure map on "paper" for him to find an 8x10 photo from our wedding (again paper) incased in glass with our vows overlayed on the top of it. I also made him a dozen orgami tulips because we went to Holland on our honeymoon.
- —Guest blc78
- A good paper gift is money for a shopping spree :)
- —Guest jackie
- I gave my husband an anniversary journal for us to come together every year and write in about what we did for our anniversary, what changed in our lives that year and show how much our love is growing over the years.
- —Guest Lucy