Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their first wedding anniversary. Share your successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your first anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage. Share Your Ideas
Her Wedding Dress Sketched
- My husband gave me my wedding dress sketched for our first anniversary. It was amazing. he used My Dreamlines.
- —Guest Jolie
1st Anniversary Gift
- Since this anniversary is traditionally paper, I chose a book that I know my wife will enjoy. Celebration of Discipline - The Path To Spiritual Growth, by Richard J. Foster, in hardcover. My beloved can spend hours immersed in Bible study, and this book will enhance her spiritual journey.
- —Guest Dave
Creative and Sentimental
- Create a book with all your first as husband and wife for the first year. I did mine at lovebookonline.com and came out beautiful. Mine was about 76 pages long You just have to make sure you write down all those dates and events. Editor's Note: I am not associated with the web site noted here. Folks could easily and for less money make their own journals of their first year together.
- —Guest Lucy
Wedding Dress Sketch
- This company will create a wedding dress sketch along with the tuxedo and bouquet. You provide them with a few photos and they will sketch it into beautiful art. The artist is English and lives in the South of France. www.mydreamlines.com
- —Guest Kelly
Dedicate a Day at MyDayRegistry
- MyDayRegistry is an exclusive online registry where you can dedicate and register a specific date by month, day, and year in honor of a special event or person in your life. http://mydayregistry.com/first-anniversary-gift A first anniversary gift should be thoughtful and romantic. Show your significant other that you love them just as much as you did on the day of your wedding with a day of dedication. Editor's Note: I have not dealt with this firm, so this is not an endorsement. There is a cost to the registration.
- —Guest Brent
*1st Wedding Anniversary Paper Gift*
- I bought my husband a Dream Capsule Necklace. Inside you can write little notes, memories,etc. that you both cherish! FYI...found it on Amazon & comes in HIS/HER capsules ; )
- —Guest Christine
Paper Jewelry - Exotic Papers From Japan
- Check out Paper Anniversary - an artist, Anna, handcrafts elegant jewelry from exotic papers from all around the world. It's durable and elegant. She sells First Anniversary Gift Sets and fast shipping. Take a look! http://paper-anniversary.com/pages/first-anniversary-gifts Editor's Note: This is an interesting site, and appears to be legitimate. We can not vouch for the site.
- —Guest Lily
1st = Paper, Spineless Classics
- My wife is an antique book lover and a HUGE fan of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." So I got her the book printed onto a poster to hang on the wall.
http://www.spinelessclassics.net/alice-s-adventures-in-wonderland-book-text-poster-100.htm Editor's Note: This is an interesting idea and the site appears to be legitimate. However, I can not vouch for the site.
- —Guest Jody
1st Anniversary Gift Idea
- Mine and my husbands first anniversary is next Wednesday. Traditional gift = paper. So, I went to shutterfly.com and made a picture book of our wedding and the cabin in which we stayed. Shutterfly is FAST! It wasn't supposed to get here til Monday and its Wednesday and here it is! Came out more beautiful than I thought!! I would recommend for anyones first anniversary!
- —Guest cashhunter38
Plant a Tree
- For our first anniversary, we bought a "legacy" maple tree and planted it in our yard. Every year we will take a photo of the tree, and see how it has grown - just like our love grows. :-)
- —Guest Julie
Message In a Bottle
- Write your forever memory on a piece of paper and but in a bottle seal the bottle and make or buy a cute paper box that way you will never forget.
- —Guest sarah
- As we like travelling, i got my husband a personalised framed world map, which we are able to put pins in of the places weve been together & want to explore in the future.
- —Guest Leanne
First Anniversary Gift - NFL Tickets
- For my first year anniversary I'm getting my husband Chicago Bears tickets.
- —Guest julie
Names, Family Crest & a Watercolor
- For our first anniversary we went with "traditional" I got my husband A framed "Family Crest" with our last name & meaning of it & also a frame with our first names & their meanings. He got me a watercolor portrait of our dog which I loved.
- —Guest LMartinez
Maybe a Book
- We haven't reached our first year yet. I'm just looking for an ideal gift.
- —Guest Annette Johnson