Many folks hit a wall when it comes to being creative in what to give their spouses on their seventh wedding anniversary. Share your successful gift suggestions and ideas for how to make your seventh anniversary an anniversary to remember throughout your marriage. The traditional gifts are considered wool and copper, while more modern gifts usually include desk sets. Share Your Suggestions
- Haven't a suggestion as I am stuck for ideas. But I DO like Guest "Amazing Days" idea. i have just looked through the household penny jar and found the coins with the dates I need! Funnily enough, my husband was talking about copper cooking pans last week ...
Donate a Sheep
- My husband and I donated a sheep to a family through Heifer International: http://www.heifer.org/gift-catalog/animals-nutrition/gift-of-a-sheep-donation.html.
- —Guest Maude
Copper Penny Necklace
- My husband found a penny from the year we were married, drilled a hole in it and made a necklace of it. Love it.
- —Guest Wifey
- My husband and I went together to Hobby Lobby and picked out a beautiful set of copper wind chimes for our home.
- —Guest Dede
Copper Moscow Mule mugs
- I remember drinking Moscow mules out of copper mugs (the only way to drink a Moscow mule) on our honeymoon. When I read that copper is the traditional gift for 7th anniversaries, I knew exactly what to get.
- —Guest Fryman
I Love Ewe
- For our 7th anniversary I knit my husband a hat with copper buttons and he gave me some wool yarn in a lovely coppery color.
- —Guest Knitty
Copper 3D Heart
- My Husband is an electrical so we have lots of cooper wire about -- I made 7 hearts out of copper wire then joined them together into a 3D heart. I printed a list of our important dates on vellum and placed it inside the hearts.
- —Guest Annette
- Bought my wife a pair of sheepskin slippers - it's winter so they'll get good use.
- —Guest russell
Wool and Copper
- I found a vintage wool blanket from US Airways in addition to a keychain with a copper disc that reads "lucky us" with a penny from the year we got married.
- —Guest Sara
- The other day I found a lucky penny (heads up), from the current year, which gave me the idea for my 7th anniversary card, "I'm the lucky one."
I found one penny from each year we have been married, and glued them to the card envelope in the shape of a 7. I only used the first one of each year I found rather than picking the shiniest.
I thought this was a simple, thoughtful idea others could incorporate into any 7 year anniversary.
- —Guest Amazing Days
- My husband likes to team rope, so i had spurs made for him with copper details. He loved them!
- —Guest nikole
Copper Cuff Links
- I am planning on getting my husband a set of copper cuff links for our upcoming 7th anniversary. :)
- —Guest Jessie
- I received a antique copper kettle, and I gave my husband a copper bed warming pan.
- —Guest Joanne Jackson
- I knit my husband a little wool heart and put it in his card. My friend took her husband's favorite childhood toy -- a little car and had it dipped in bronze.
- —Guest Erin
Do You Live Near a Copper mine?
- We are fortunate enough to live in Utah near a copper mine. So, we celebrated our 7th with a family day trip to the copper mine. We won't ever forget it.
- —Guest HEATHER
May Be Too Corny For Some
- This suggestion may be too corny for some, but we bought one another matching Pendleton wool shirts. We like to hike and they keep us warm and will last forever, reminding us of our seventh wedding anniversary.
- —Guest Henry