From the article: The Best Marriage Advice Ever Received
The collective wisdom about marriage is fascinating but some advice is long-winded. What is your best marriage advice in ten words or less? Share Your Advice
Forgiveness and Appreciation
- We should always learn how to forgive and also appreciate. That is the greatest thing in this world. So we should take note thanks.
- —Guest offei-twum eben
Honesty and Trust
- Be honest about who your spouse is and trust that they will be exactly that until they prove otherwise. Manage your expectations and love them for who they are.
- —Guest CWest
- Let go of things that happened in the past. Start over, pretend like you just met your significant other!!!
- —Guest angela
- 1. If you aren't sure after a year of dating if this person is for you - they aren't. 2. The love between you should grow stronger everyday - through every challenge, adventure, and loss.
- —Guest Shasta3
Brag, Baby, Brag!
- The best advice I can give is to always compliment your spouse to others. Do so in his or her presence AND in their absence. Oh, and never, ever criticize your spouse or your marriage.
- —Guest MyMarriageInCrisis.com
- A great marriage takes 2 good forgivers. So hard to be on your game everyday. No one is perfect, to err is human to forgive is divine.
- —Guest Christine
- Always give 100%, never expect anything in return, that way you will always be surprised!
- —Guest eva saunders
- Never just say I love you. Let the love fill your body and flow from you truthfully and honestly. And NEVER in a hurry.
Asian Marriage Advice
- This is agreed by EVERYONE, even among men and women. "Always lose to your wife. It's not worth fighting over."
- —Guest asdf
Wives Must to Listen
- She must to listen more then she speaks. It can lead both to the loyalty & agreement.
- —Guest Adut Abdoun
- I love my husband because we do everything together, wash, cook, clean. We have a bond a very Clear for all to see friendship. We never turn against each other despite our fights at times get loud. Most things are better said than held inside especially to and with each other. Loyalty respect trust faith in God Spiritual practices such as praying for each other as a wife be submissive. He is the head and what he says goes but if you disagree you are entitled to your disagreements, and opinions. Sex as often as possible is very important, that physical connection with each other is fun, closeness, exercise the way you interact with each other forever is based on what makes both male and female happy. Spend time together and ask god first if him/her is for you and pay attention to each other in detail.
- —Guest wifeyforever
- I learned that the husband comes before the children and that he is the head. If you don't agree on a matter submit to his leadership and take it to God. God will work it out. As long as you both stay on one accord there is no room for destruction. You don't always have to agree with him to be on one accord. I am speaking from spiritual principles. This is not always easy to do but it does keep peace in the home.
- —Guest keyjones
What You Give is What You Get
- If you love tenderly you will be loved back. If you love cluelessly you will be loved silently. Words of wisdom.
- —Guest Gladys
- DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relish your freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest Tj Kountz
Don't Flog a Dead Horse
- When I discussed how hard it was trying to make my marriage work, and wanting advice, my father said that if it ended in divorce, my parents would support my decision. He said by divorcing his first wife, he was then available to meet and marry my mother, with whom he enjoyed 50 years of wedded bliss.
- —Guest Do what's best for you both.
1-15 of 67Next